36 | reset

┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑
CHAPTER 36
RESET
┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

 ┍━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┑CHAPTER 36⸻ RESET┕━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━┙

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

T H R E E Y E A R S L A T E R

"THE CEO OF KIM'S holding and the daughter of former chief prosecutor Kang was reported to be expecting a second child,"

I groan and immediately click onto the remote to skip the channel, eyes rolling back in annoyance.

I thought I was over this — over him.

After three years, I would go as far to say that I hated him but — deep inside, it was the opposite. I knew it was my fault for leaving but my mind still troubled by the fact that he didn't seek or look for me after I disappeared. I thought he would fight for us but I was wrong. He didn't love me anymore. Or maybe he never did.

The sound of my ringtone brings me back into reality as I immediately slide to answer without looking at the screen.

"Hello?"

"Eunbyul's mother? Hello, this is Han Soyeon, your daughter's caretaker. Are you on your way? Your daughter is waiting for you," A female voice blares from across the phone.

"Oh, I'll be right there," I reply before ending the phone call.

I push myself off the couch and walk into my room to drape in an appropriate attire. After changing, I grab my car keys and switch on the ignition before driving onto the street.

I finally arrived in front of a daycare centre and hop out from my car. That is when I instantly spot my precious little girl running to my direction.

"Mummy!" she wobbles and jumps into my arms in which I gladly catch her right in time.

"Hi, pretty baby," I laugh, pecking her soft, squishy cheek. "How was your first day?"

"I have a friend, mummy," she mumbles in a tiny voice. "She is a girl.. like me,"

"Oh, really?" I chuckle. "Is she pretty like you?"

Her smile lingers for a moment as she pauses to form a sentence. "No, she is prettier,"

"Aw, you're the prettiest in mummy's eyes," I grin fondly at her response and I couldn't help but give her another peck on the cheek.