20. DINNER GUESTS

🏡

-KIMMON'S POV-

When my sister come to my office this afternoon to tell me about the dinner with my parents, i feel happy but also a bit worried at the same time.
Usually my Dad will asked for family dinner if there is something important he wanted to talked about.
But i don't want to think about it too much. Maybe this time it's only a dinner because we haven't done it in a long time.

I come to my parents house a bit late because i have to finish something at the office first.
P'Nena text me and said if she already arrived.

And here i am now. i parked my car when i arrived at my parents house.
i take a glance to a cars which already parked in the house yard.

I immediately recognized P'Nena's car.
But the other car?
I'm sure that is not my parents car.
I have no idea who the car it was.

Did there is another guest are coming tonight?
I thought to my self.
But i get out of the car anyway.

A women with her warmed smile appears behind the main door of the house.

" Good evening, young master
Kimmon " Said the woman greets me while stretching out both her hands wanting to give me a hug.
I smiling back to that middle-aged woman and i fell into her hug.
A hug that always calms me.

" I miss you so much,
my Kimmy " said the woman while hug me more tightly.

" I miss you too Mom." i hug her back happily.

after a while we release our hugs.

My mom looked at me from up to the down.
she seems like checking on me.
I feel confused with her act.
But then she smile.

" My son looked more grow up and more handsome. " Said my Mom. i just smiling to response.

" Come baby , your father already waiting for you for dinner "said my mom again while took my hand into the house.

Once we're in the living room, i was a little surprised when i saw some people sitting there. i saw my father talking with two women and one man.
But wait.
it looks like i recognize those people.

I frowned when the figure of someone from my past crossed in my head.

Cathy and her parents???
what are they doing here?
I asked to my self.

Cathy is my childhood friend.
we went to school from kindergarten to high school. Cathy's parents also my parents good friends. After graduating from high school Cathy and her family moved to Canada because of her father's work. And since then we have never seen their families again.
But tonight, they are present at my parent's house.
I don't know if this is just a coincidence or .....

" Kimmon is here " My mother's words woke me up from my thought.

In unison those people in the room turned their gaze towards me. It looks like they are indeed waiting for my arrival.

P'Nena smiling at me.

" Oh, you're here son. Come,
We have a special guests tonight." my father said this time. Then i approached them.

" You remembered them, right?"
my father asked again.
i looked at Cathy and her parents who stood in front of me.

I smiled a little, while politely giving a wai to them.