Chapter 9

"Coffee." Gauri said timidly placing coffee on the table in front if Omkara.

He grabbed the cup and took a sip.

"Do you need anything else? "

"One glass water." Omkara said and Gauri nodded her head and went to get the water.

Omkara looked at Gauri's back and a small smile made it's way on his face.

"Your water." Gauri said yawning coming towards Omkara, she stumbled in her steps and ended up spilling the water on Omkara and the files.

"You stupid girl." Omkara yelled on Gauri, "Can't you walk properly, see, you spilled water on my files." He shouted making Gauri cry.

"I am sorry, I didn't spilled the water intentionally." Gauri cried with tears rolling down her cheeks.

"Stop crying." Omkara said running his hand through his hair taking deep breathes.

"I stumbled." Gauri cried hiccuping.

"Ok, I understood now stop crying." Omkara said not knowing what to do.

"You scolded me for something I did unintentionally." Gauri sobbed.

"Okay, stop crying." Omkara said holding his head watching Gauri cry like a kid.

"I am being nice to you yet you are scolding me." She continued crying. "You are bad boy." She sniffed.

Omkara ran his hand through his hair looking at Gauri,who was crying hard like a kid with her button nose turning red with every passing minute.

"Shhh... Don't cry." Omkara threatened keeping his finger on his lips. But that only increased her cries.

Omkara took a deep breath and squatted in front of a crying Gauri.

"Look at me." Omkara ordered but Gauri continued crying.

"Gauri." Omkara called holding Gauri's face between his thumb and index finger making her face him.

She looked at him with her big doe eyes pooled with tears innocently making his stare at her face for a whole minute forgetting his surroundings. He shook his head and licked his lips making them wet before speaking.

"Look, I was very tensed, an important file that can cost me a lot gone missing. And It's my fault for venting my anger on you by scolding you." Omkara said patiently.

"And you didn't even said sorry to me." She said blowing her nose into her hoodie sleeve.

"I.. I am sorry." He said his thumb involuntarily wiping the tears on Gauri's cheeks.

"Apology accepted." She smiled instantly, "I will go get another glass of water and napkin for you." She said walking towards the kitchen making Omkara look at her stunned.

"Wow! It's for the first time I am watching a girl accept the apology so fast without any complaints." Omkara thought.

"Here's the water." Gauri said placing the water glass very carefully on the table away from the files. "I brought napkin, I will dry your files." Gauri said and before Omkara can say anything, she grabbed the files and began to dry them.

"Buddy." Gauri called after a few minutes.

"Buddy." Gauri called again not getting any response from Omkara.

"Hmm." Omkara hmmed without lifting his head from the laptop.

"Does the file, that gone missing looks like this one?" Gauri asked holding a file in her hand.