Chapter 30

"What is Sex?" Gauri repeated making Omkara and Rudra look at each other in shock.

"Umm... Gauri." Rudra started awkwardly, "Sex is when a ma..."

"Stop." Omkara said closing Rudra's mouth with his palm stopping him from saying anything further.

Gauri looked at Omkara confused.

"Don't say a word." Omkara whispered to Rudra before freeing him.

"Tell me na." Gauri asked looking at Rudra.

"Gauri," Omkara called making her face him, "I will tell you."

"Okay, Tell me." Gauri said looking at Omkara enthusiastically while Rudra looked in shock.

"Sex means Gender i.e., Male or Female or other." Omkara said with a straight face, "If someone asks what's your sex or something, you say them whether you are Male or Female. That's what Rudra's application file was asking it's candidates to mention whether they are boy or girl."

"Oh, Okay." Gauri nodded her head in understanding.

"That was smooth." Rudra whispered, "I was about to corrupt her innocent mind."

"Hmm... It's good, she asked it in my presence."

"How did you thought of that wonderful explanation?"

"No wonder, She was looking at your applications when we arrived, so, I guessed she would have obviously grasped that word from that Gender section of that application."

It was a Wednesday evening, when Omkara arrived at his apartment, he felt completely exhausted he had a hectic week so far and he was glad he got an early off today, since one of the investors cancelled the meeting at the last moment. Fetching the apartment keys from his coat pocket, all the while balancing his office files and laptop in other hand, he glanced towards Gauri's apartment. After the lunch at his parents home, he didn't speak with Gauri again, because of his protracted office hours. Now that he looked at her apartment door, he found it locked.

"Seems like she didn't returned from college yet." He thought as he pushed open his apartment door and went inside.

Omkara woke up to the loud noise of Firefly ringtone of his mobile. Cursing the caller for disturbing his power nap, he attended the call in a grumpy mood.

"What's it Mr. Shastri?" Omkara glowered into his mobile.

"Sir, I mailed you the contract and other details." Arjun said.

"Fine." Omkara grumbled, "Next time just drop a message, don't call me for petty things." With that he disconnected the call and looked at his mobile clock with read quarter to seven.

"I slept for almost 3 hours on this sofa." Omkara mumbled rubbing his face with his hands. "No wonder, the work has taken a toll on me."

His stomach grumbled and he called the near by restaurant and ordered for his food to be delivered at his door step. After a few minutes, his door bell rang making Omkara rush towards the door for the smoking hot pizza.

"Thank you." Omkara said after paying the bill to the delivery boy and turned around to get inside his apartment, checking Gauri's door in process.

"Where has this girl gone? It's past the time, she should be home." Omkara wondered, "Did she gone on another dumb adventure? What if she got lost in some dangerous place? "

The last thought made him sweat cold, that he literally dumped the pizza on his coffee table and rush towards his car grabbing his keys. He began searching for Gauri in every nook and corner, finally he stopped his car near her college gates, only to find them locked and a additional information from the security guard that all the students left the classes before 5 PM.

Running his hands through his dark mane frustrated, Omkara continued his search for Gauri, while mumbling all kinds of profanities every time, his call for Gauri went to her voice mail.

"Shit, she better be safe." Omkara muttered to himself as he punched the car wheel, helplessly, after searching all the possible places.

"I should go and make a complaint in police station." Omkara decided and started his car ignition, just he was about to hit the pedal, he heard a shrill cry from around the corner, followed by a lot of chaos, alerting Omkara and making him run for the rescue of whoever was in the danger.

As Omkara neared towards a small group of boys gathering around, he froze in his steps finding Gauri, beating a guy to blue and black landing punches on his face.

"___ how dare you?" Gauri snarled before landing a punch on the guy.

Omkara let out a long string of colorful curses, before rushing towards Gauri, pushing the people in crowd and stopping Gauri by holding her arm.

"Ga__aww... " Omkara let out a painful groan as out of instinct Gauri kicked Omkara in his shin, when he caught her arm all of a sudden.

"Omkara__" Gauri rushed towards Omkara, who looked like he was in pain. "Omkara, I am sorry, are you ok?" Gauri asked placing her hand on his arm.

"Yeah, I am good." Omkara said taking a deep breathe. "Why are you brawling with guys? And why aren't you home yet?" Omkara asked now giving a serious look to Gauri.

"Umm... I was walking back to home, that guy, Mike." Gauri said pointing towards the guy, she earlier thrashed. "He and his gang cornered me around the street and started bullying me, He even broke my mobile. So, I fought the bad guys. Is it bad, Omkara?" Gauri asked looking at Omkara.

"No, you did a good thing." Omkara said patting Gauri's hair. "Get into the car, let's go home." He said guiding Gauri towards his car.

"Here, eat this pizza." Omkara said giving pizza plate to Gauri, who was now watching cartoons sitting in Omkara's apartment.

"Thank you." Gauri smiled.

"I gave your mobile to Arjun, he will get it repaired by the end of the day."

"Hmm." Gauri hmmed stuffing pizza in her mouth.

"Did you got hurt anywhere else?" Omkara asked taking Gauri's feet in his lap and Bandaiding the cuts.

"No Omkara, only my feet got hurt that too cause the when I kicked the guy he rolled aside making my feet hit the pole." Omkara nodded and began to tend the cuts.

"Why don't you complain to your principal or someone about those bullies?"

"They only bully me outside the campus, Omkara. When I walk to home, they follow and bully me."

"Hmm." Omkara nodded. "What are your college timings?"

"9 AM to 4 PM." Gauri informed.

"Finished." Both Omkara and Gauri said in unison.

"Good." Omkara said taking the plate from Gauri.

"Good Night, Omkara." Gauri yawned walking towards her apartment.

"Listen." Omkara said stopping Gauri. "From tomorrow, I will drop and pick up you from your college. My office is just a block away from your college, so I won't have any problem."

"But__"

"I am not asking, I am informing, be ready by tomorrow sharp at 8:30 AM, I don't appreciate tardiness." Omkara said closing the door on Gauri's face.