Chapter 20

"Wow, Omkara! This Ice cream parlor was so huge." Gauri said looking at a big building in front of her in awe.

"That's not an ice cream parlor." Omkara said coming towards Gauri locking his car. "That's my company."

"What?" Gauri asked confused, "you told me that you will take me to the ice cream shop."

"Yes but right now, I have an important meeting to attend, I will take you to the ice cream shop after finishing the meeting." Omkara said walking inside the elevator with Gauri following him.

"Can I attend the meeting." Gauri asked excited.

"No." Omkara said, "You wait for me till I finish my meeting." He said walking outside the elevator.

"But what will I do till you finish your meeting? I don't know anyone here." Gauri asked following Omkara.

"Sir, the clients will be arriving in 15 minutes." Arjun said coming towards Omkara with a file.

"Arjun..." Gauri called excitedly making Omkara and Arjun look towards Gauri, "How are you?" She said running towards Arjun.

"He's fine." Omkara said pulling Gauri behind him holding her backpack.

"Can I stay with Arjun till you finishes your meeting?" Gauri asked looking up at Omkara.

"No." Omkara's answer was immediate, "you can't stay with Arjun and he's also coming to meeting with me." Omkara said looking at Arjun daring him to cross his word.

"Yes, I am going to attend the meeting, Ri." Arjun said earning a cold glare from Omkara, "I mean Gauri." He corrected himself.

"Okay." Gauri said looking around to find any familiar face.

Omkara looked around and found all his employees looking at Gauri like she was their favourite piece of cake.

"Idiots." Omkara mumbled and passed a glare towards his employees making them run for their lives, "Why don't I have anyone to leave her with." Omkara groaned internally.

"My.. My... Who's this Beautiful lady here?" Rachel, Omkara's new assistant said coming out if her cabin.

"Thank dad, at least I have a lady in my office." Omkara thought thanking his father, Tej mentally for appointing a lady in his office even though he was against about having a female species in his company.

"Hi, I am Gauri Sharma. " Gauri said shyly, "Omkara's friend."

"You are cute, cupcake." Rachel said poking Gauri's nose.

"Rachel." Omkara spoke with his assistant for the first time since she joined in the company.

"Yes, sir." Rachel said surprised.

"Keep the company of the lady till I get back from the meeting." Omkara instructed pointing towards Gauri.

"Sure, sir." Rachel said nodding her head, "anything else, sir."

"Nothing." Omkara said looking at Gauri, who was now looking at the abstract paintings hanging in the office walls with much interest. "Take good care of her and don't let anyone near her." He said strictly.

"Gauri." Omkara called, "Stay with Rachel till I come back from the meeting and don't go anywhere without my permission, Ok?"

"Okay." Gauri nodded.

"Good." He said and walked away into his cabin.

"Come on, Sweetie." Rachel said wrapping her arm around Gauri's shoulder's, "let's get you inside my cabin." She said directing Gauri inside her cabin.

"Did the clients arrived, Mr. Shastri?" Omkara asked Arjun typing in his laptop.

"Yes, sir." Arjun said giving a file to Omkara. "They arrived just now and were waiting in the presentation room."

"Good, let go and meet them." Omkara said standing up from his chair.

"This is an important deal, Me. Shastri and we should convince the clients at any cost to sign the contract." Omkara said walking towards the presentation room with Arjun walking beside him explaining to Omkara about the client details.

"Omkara." Gauri's panicked voice came making Omkara stop in his tracks and turn around instantly.

Gauri came running towards Omkara and before he can register anything she hugged him tight wrapping her arms around his waist and hiding her face under the lapel of his coat.

Omkara closed his eyes enjoying the proximity and new sensations inside him as he slowly and involuntarily wrapped his arms around Gauri.

The sharp sound of heels Strickling again the floor made him open the eyes. Rachel stood just a few feet away from them with a guilty face.

Omkara took a deep breathe and removed his hands that are wrapped around Gauri and slightly moved the lapel of his coat to have a look at Gauri, who was hiding her face in his chest.

"Gauri." Omkara called trying to release himself from her.

"Please, don't." Gauri said tightening her hold and hiding her face deep in his chest, "I don't want my lips to swell like potatoes." She murmured softly against his chest sending vibrations in his body.

"Why would your lips swell like potatoes?" Omkara asked confused.

Gauri lifted her head lightly from his chest to have a look at his face and slowly murmured.

"Rachel is trying to clean my lips, I told her I am not wearing lipstick even then she was trying to clean my lips, I don't want my lips to swell up like potatoes, Omkara, please." Gauri said looking concerned.

Omkara looked at Gauri shocked.

"What do you mean by trying to clean your lips?" Omkara whisper shouted.

"Trying to clean my lips just like you cleaned them in the car to help me wipe of the lipstick." Gauri reminded him.

Omkara looked at Rachel for confirmation.

"I am sorry, she's too cute to resist." Rachel said with a guilty face.

"Gosh!! What do I do? She's not even safe with the same species as her? How am I gonna protect her now? I can't leave her neither with girls nor with boys".

"Omkara, I don't want my lips to swell like potatoes, my friends will make fun of me." Gauri almost cried hiding her face again inside his coat.

"It's okay, I will tell Rachel to stay away from you." Omkara said softly, "You go and sit in my cabin and I will be back in an hour then we can go have ice cream, Ok? "

"Okay." Gauri nodded.

"Go and sit inside my cabin." Omkara said showing her the door of his cabin and Gauri walked towards his cabin.

"Should I keep her company, sir?" Arjun asked earning a glare from Omkara.

"You're my assistant Mr. Shastri not a baby sitter." Omkara said coldly "And make sure to keep both the species away from Gauri." He said walking towards the presentation room.