Chapter 64

Omkara woke up from his dreamless sleep looking like a zombie, with dark circles around his eyes, his pillow didn't gave him the same warmness and comfort like Gauri.

"Hmm, still 9 days to go." Omkara sighed walking towards his door to collect the milk bottles that he asked the delivery guy to drop at his door step.

"Good Morning, Mr. Sharma." Omkara greeted Gauri's father, who was passing by his apartment towards Gauri's, to which he replied with a nod.

"You should have asked the security guard to bring them up for you." Omkara said nodding towards the groceries bag, Mr. Sharma was holding in his hand.

"I thought of talking a walk around the apartment and collected these on my way." Mr. Sharma replied.

"Oh, okay." Omkara said with a polite smile.

"Papa, what took you so long." Gauri asked walking out from her apartment. "Omkara_" She said as she found Omkara and her father together.

Omkara gave a bright smile looking at Gauri, making her reflect the same as they looked at each other trying hard to hold back themselves from hugging each other.

"I brought groceries, Gauri." Harsh Sharma said clearing his throat.

"Okay papa," Gauri said taking the bags from her Dad, "I will go and start cooking." She said making Omkara choke on his own spot and cough wildly.

"Omkara, what happened? Are you okay?" Gauri asked frantically rubbing his back.

"I am fine__ I am fine." Omkara said holding up his hand as he controlled his cough. "I am good." Omkara said patting a concerned looking Gauri on her hair.

"Gauri," Harsh called her, "since Mr. Oberoi is good, I think you should go and start cooking before your Aunt starts her ranting."

Gauri nodded walking towards her door to collect the grocery bags she dropped earlier.

"Are you sure, you can cook hy yourself? You don't want any help?" Harsh asked helping Gauri with the bags.

"Positive papa, I can cook very well, even Omkara said that I am a great cook, you can ask... " Gauri trailed remembering her moments with Omkara as she looked up towards his apartment, where he was standing holding the milk bottles looking at her.

"I will go cook." Gauri said moving inside her apartment.

Harsh nodded and followed Gauri carrying the bags.

"Mr.Oberoi," Harsh called stopping at the doorstep, "Please join us for the breakfast." He invited.

"Sure, Mr. Sharma." Omkara said smiling bright, "And please call me Omkara." He said politely.

Harsh nodded and walked inside Gauri's apartment.

"What do you want?" Veer snarled looking at Omkara, who was standing in front of the door, dressed in his business suit.

"May be a punch or two on his face." Dheer, who was standing behind Veer said showing his fist.

"Boys, he is our guest." Harsh rebuked walking towards the door, "I invited him for breakfast, so behave and apologize to him."

"Sorry." Veer and Dheer said in aloof to me walking away.

"I am sorry for their behaviour, please come inside." Harsh said opening the door wide for Omkara to step inside.

"It's okay, Mr. Sharma, you don't have to apologize." Omkara said following Harsh towards the living room.

Omkara's eyes began to search around to spot Gauri.

"Erm... " Harsh cleared his throat gaining Omkara's attention.

"I was looking for Gauri's aunt." Omkara lied, "I brought some home baked goodies to gift her, my mom sent them yesterday." Omkara said showing the gift packed box in his hands to Harsh.

"Thank you, Mr. __ I mean Omkara." Harsh said taking the box. "I will give it to her on your behalf, she's resting in the room, since she's experiencing a Jet lag."

Omkara nodded.

"Please make yourself comfortable, while I go and keep this box in Roop's room and take a look at the boys, Gauri's cooking and the breakfast will be ready soon." Harsh said disappearing into one of the room.

Omkara walked towards the kitchen to meet Gauri as soon as Harsh left his side.

"Gauri." Omkara called walking towards Gauri, who was sitting on the kitchen Island, looking down.

"Why did you lied to me, Omkara?" Gauri asked in a broken tone.

"What are you talking about, Gauri?" Omkara asked rushing towards Gauri's side cupping her face.

"You lied about my cooking skills, you said I am a great cook, where in fact my food tastes really bad." Gauri said showing the over roasted eggs and charcoaled dish that looked like quinoa rice.

"No baby, you can cook well, you just need some guidance." Omkara said wiping away the tears in Gauri's eyes, "I strongly believe that one day you will be a great chef and I will help you to become one." He consoled.

"What if I can never cook a good meal." Gauri asked looking down hearted.

"Then I will cook for both of us and there are a lot of restaurants around the city." Omkara said rocking Gauri in his arms pressing his cheek against her head. "I just want you to be on my side, showing that billion dollar smile, I will manage all the other things."

"Now, My aunt will scold me for nit being able to cook a proper breakfast." Gauri said curling out her lower lip.

"You don't have to worry about it, I thought of a way to help you out." Omkara said trying to cheer up Gauri.

"Really?" Gauri asked looking up at Omkara.

"Yes, now go and get ready, leaving everything on me, I will drop you at your college after having the breakfast." Omkara said pressing a assuring kiss on Gauri's crown.

Gauri smiled bright giving a quick yet tight hug to Omkara before rushing towards her room, as Omkara looked her grinning standing in the kitchen.

Cringcring

"Sir, I am at your door step."

"Okay, I am coming to collect the order, don't ring the bell." Omkara said walking towards the door tip toed.

"Hmm__ everything is looking nice and believable." Omkara said taking a step back and looking at the breakfast he arranged in the tableware.

"I hope no one suspects." He said scooping the remnants of the breakfast Gauri cooked earlier into the Garbage covers and hiding them in the top most cabinet to dump later.

"Everything is set." Omkara said with a satisfied smile, "Oops, this food receipt, where to dump it?" He mumbled looking around to find a place to secretly dump the piece of paper.

"Give it to me." Harsh said startling Omkara, as he was about to chug the receipt into his coat pocket.

"Mr.Sharma, that___"

"I heard the conversation between you and Gauri." Harsh said looking at Omkara, who looked at him like a kid who got caught with his hand in the jar of cookies, "I will dump it." He said forwarding his hand towards Omkara.

"Thank you." Omkara said in a faint tone as he handed the receipt to Harsh.

"I feel like my daughter made a right choice, I can see that love, you have on my daughter in your eyes." Harsh smiled giving a appreciative pat on Omkara's shoulder before walking away stuffing the receipt in his kurta pockets.

A victorious smile made it's way on Omkara's face as he saw a tear of joy in the bespectacled eyes of Mr. Sharma.