Chapter 70

"Omkara, chill." Shivaay said placing a hand on Omkara's shoulder.

"I can't Shivaay, I am nervous, Gauri's family invited our family for dinner all of a sudden, what if something goes wrong? What if he family doesn't like me and takes her away from me?" Omkara expressed his fears as he sat beside Shivaay in Oberoi Mansion.

"Omkara, stop catastrophizing, everything will be good, calm down."

"I can't Shivaay," Omkara said rubbing his face with his palm, "I can't calm down, not until this dinner ends on a good note."

"Boys, let's get going, we are ready." Jhanvi and Tej announced as they descended down the stairs hand in hand, dressed simple yet elegantly.

"Okay Omkara, let's go and face the Sharma's." Shivaay said standing up dusting his neatly pressed grey checkered suit.

"Okay guys, I said this and I am saying this again—" Omkara said taking a deep breathe standing in front of Gauri's apartment, as he addressed his family.

"Shut up, Om, I am your Mom and I am the one who taught you manners, so don't give my lessons back to me." Jhanvi said adjusting her hair as they were about to knock the door.

"I know Mom, but still, be gentle and patien—"

"What the hell." A loud scream was heard, followed by loud noises of dishes hitting the floor came from inside of Gauri's apartment.

Omkara and family looked at each other before rushing inside the apartment.

"What do I do with you, stupid girl." Roop's scolded Gauri as she stood in the kitchen, which was a mess of burnt food and glass pieces scattered all around.

"Roop—" Harsh tried to interuppt.

"You don't speak a word, bhaiyya." Roop said pointing a accusing finger at Harsh.

"How dare you guys to trick me, to try and swap this burnt food with a take away meals." Roop said in a pissed off voice, pacing to and from in the kitchen as Gauri along with her brothers' stood in the kitchen facing the wrath of their aunt.

"Aunt—" Veer called daring to speak.

"You guys, stop spoiling her, it's all because of you three men, that she couldn't even cook a meal properly, what will her future in Law's would think?"

"They will think that, since their daughter in law can't cook, they should search and appoint a good chef." Jhanvi said standing near the kitchen door with Omkara, Shivaay and Tej behind her.

Gauri and her family turned around to see the source of the voice.

"This is my Mom." Omkara spoke as he noticed the confused look of Roop.

"Oh, I am sorry for this mess, Mrs. Oberoi." Roop said smiled sweetly at Jhanvi, after passing a glare in the direction of Gauri. "Please, let's go and have some refreshments in the living room, while the kids clean up this mess, sorry you have to see this." Roop said embarrassed.

"Are you okay?" Jhanvi asked Gauri as she checked her hands and legs for any cuts, caused from the broken glass.

"Yes." Gauri mumbled tears pooled in her eyes.

"What happened?" Jhanvi asked gently, wiping Gauri's tears with her palm.

"I burnt the food again." Gauri hiccuped.

"I am very embarrassed to say that Gauri can't cook, but I assure you that I will teach her—" Jhanvi raised her hand up signalling Roop to stop.

"Mrs. Trivedi, there is nothing wrong in what happened, for you to feel embarrassed." Jhanvi said pulling a sobbing Gauri into a hug, rocking her.

"I already know that Gauri can't cook." Jhanvi said in calm tone gesturing Veer to get a first aid box. "When I got married, I didn't even had an idea about how to heat up the food, my mother in law never judged me about my lack of skills in cooking, instead she took all the family responsibilities on her and encouraged me to continue my studies and follow my passion."

"Sorry to say this but Mrs. Trivedi, it's wrong to judge the ability of a girl based on how good she can do the household works. It's a modern era, girls are pioneering in every field, what if Gauri can't cook, that doesn't make her any less, she's a smart and talented girl, who can create wonders with her passion in designing, you can't deflate her cause of something she can't do, not everyone's perfect."

"And if it makes you feel any better, I am happy with Gauri's lack of cooking skills," Jhanvi said dressing Gauri's cuts, "like I didn't spend my time in vain teaching how to cook meals to my son, at least now he will get a chance to put those lessons to some use."

"What say, Om?" Jhanvi asked raising her brow.

"Sure, Mom." Omkara smiled.

"Heard that, Mrs. Trivedi, now please take a chill pill, let's go and have some dinner." Jhanvi said standing from the sofa.

"Yes, let's have the dinner," Tej said smiling at Harsh, "Heard that they cook delicious meals at Nandlal's kitchen," He said eyeing at the take away bags on the dining table. "Never got a chance to taste their meals, now I am glad to have a chance. I hope you got some dessert too."

"Yes, Mr. Oberoi, we brought Gajar Halwa for dessert." Harsh informed.

"Then, we should hurry up, I can't wait." Tej said smiling.

"Tej, did you forgot the doctor's warning to cut down your sugar intake." Jhanvi said in a reprimanding tone making Tej to scrunch his face.

"Help me sneak some dessert," Tej whispered to Harsh as they followed others to the dining room, "Let's start our friendship over a sweet dessert."

"Mr.Sharma, as you all know, my son loves your daughter with his life, and we all love her too as our own daughter." Jhanvi said as they all sat in the living room, after dinner.

"Till today I only heard about how nice and good hearted people you all are and today you proved them, I can't be any more happy than to give my daughter's hand in marriage to your son." Harsh said with tears of joy, "Earlier I was afraid because of my insecurities but now I know my daughter will be happy married to your son having a caring and loving in laws like you."

"Thank you, Mr. Sharma, we all love Gauri, we are lucky to have her as a part of our family." Tej smiled.

"Congratulations Omkara." Shivaay said giving a tight side hug to Omkara, who was still in a state of shock with the happy news.

"Her father accepted me." Omkara grinned coming out of shock, "God, Shivaay, I am so happy." He said hugging Shivaay back, passing a electrifying smile towards Gauri, who was already smiling bright looking at him.

"Thanks for the delicious dinner, Mr. Sharma." Jhanvi said as they were to call it a night.

"And the dessert too." Tej mumbled.

"Pleasure is all our, Mrs. Oberoi." Harsh smiled nodding his head.

"We are organising a party at our home this weekend to celebrate the engagement of our elder son and I want to you all to be with us in our happiness." Jhanvi said shaking hands with Roop.

"Sure, Mrs. Oberoi, we will." Roop smiled.

"Call me Jhanvi, we are going to be a family now." Jhanvi said giving a hug to Roop.

"Take care, Gauri." Jhanvi said ruffling Gauri's hair.