Chapter 28

"Wow! Omkara, your house is so beautiful." Gauri said looking at Oberoi Mansion in awe.

"Hmm, get moving." Omkara said getting down the car and walking towards the door.

Gauri began to follow him silently looking at the surroundings.

Omkara stood before the door and rang the bell, waiting for someone to open the door.

Gauri, who was following Omkara looking around bumped into his back.

"Can't you see while you walk?" Omkara hissed, "Did you became blind like that dumb girl, you watch on the TV everyday, who can't see the things before her."

"She's not dumb." Gauri said rubbing her nose looking up at Omkara.

"She... "

"Omkara?" Jhanvi called opening the door making Omkara turn towards her.

"Mom." Omkara said giving a short hug to Jhanvi.

"You came!" Jhanvi cried, "Oh, you made me so happy, I missed my son." Jhanvi said hugging Omkara, while Gauri stood behind Omkara, hidden from the sight of Jhanvi.

"Mom, please don't cry." Omkara said returning the hug.

"Shut up, you idiot. You know how alone I feel because both my sons' are away from me." Jhanvi said smacking Omkara's arm.

"Mom, I am sorry." Omkara apologized.

"You better be, now get inside, I will go and prepare your favourite Butter chicken for lunch." Jhanvi said turning around to walk inside.

"Mom." Omkara called making Jhanvi stop.

"Yes." Jhanvi said turning around.

"We have a guest." Omkara said in a straight tone.

"Guest? Where?" Jhanvi said looking around.

"Here." Omkara said pulling Gauri from his back, who was looking at Jhanvi hiding behind Omkara clutching his blazer tightly.

"Aww... Who's this cutie?" Jhanvi asked looking at Gauri in awe.

"She's Gauri, my neighbor." Omkara replied.

"And his friend." Gauri said softly.

"She's so cute!" Jhanvi said placing a hand on her cheek, looking at Gauri.

"Thank you, you are beautiful." Gauri said not leaving Omkara's side.

"Aww.. Thank you." Jhanvi said opening her arms to hug Gauri, Gauri blinked at Jhanvi twice and looked up at Omkara. He nodded his head and Gauri moved forward to hug Jhanvi.

"You are the first girl, Omkara brought home." Jhanvi said happily hugging Gauri, "I am so glad that you are changing your views, Omkara."

"She's just a friend, Mom and there will never be any changes in my views and opinions." Omkara said and walked inside, past Jhanvi.

"Come inside, I will introduce you to Omkara's dad." Jhanvi said pulling Gauri with her.

"Tej... Tej, come down." Jhanvi called standing in the living room.

"What happened woman, why are you shouting?" Tej asked descending the steps.

"My son came home." Jhanvi said clapping her hands, "Omkara's home."

"I can understand your happiness but don't forget he's my son too." Tej said earning a smack from Jhanvi.

"You know he brought a cute girl with him." Jhanvi gushed.