Chapter 16

"Oh, no one. " Gauri said frantically, "The food here is so delicious, you too should try." She said diverting the topic.

"I think you already covered my quota of food too. " Omkara said taking a seat in front of her.

"But there's a lot of food there still." Gauri said pointing towards the buffet table, "And the foods are yummy, don't know why people are eating in small amounts like they are here to taste the samples." Gauri asked with a confused look.

"Don't let people bother you, you just eat whatever you want." Omkara said looking at Gauri amused, "It's not like you are not eating now."

"So, you are not going to have food now?" Gauri asked Omkara, who was scrolling news in his mobile.

"No, I don't feel like eating." He said lifting his head lightly from the mobile to look at Gauri.

"The chocolate pudding's very delicious, you should try. Here, have a taste of it." Gauri said holding out a spoonful of Chocolate pudding for Omkara to eat.

Omkara looked at Gauri and then at chocolate pudding.

"I don't__"

"You said you don't hate food, right? One spoon have a taste, please." Gauri said trying to convince him.

"Argh..." Omkara said and ate the chocolate pudding from the spoon Gauri was holding out for him. True to Gauri's words it tasted very delicious, the rich cocoa melting in his mouth savouring his taste buds.

"How was that? " Gauri asked curious.

"Ok." Omkara said masking his expression.

"Ok." Gauri asked looking at Omkara shocked, "It's more than Ok, in fact it's great. If they ask me I will give 10/10 rating for this." Gauri said pointing towards the chocolate pudding.

"We are here to attend charity ball not for rating food." Omkara said, "If you have finished eating, we can go and meet the hosts in the hall."

"Do we have to go there? " Gauri asked feeling bored already.

"Yes, we have to, now get moving." Omkara said pulling Gauri up from her seat and guiding her inside the hall.

"My legs are paining, buddy." Gauri said trying to reach her feet as Omkara finished talking to one of his business acquaintances.

"Can you stay steady for a few minutes." Omkara stopped Gauri by holding her arm.

"It's really paining, buddy. Don't know how these girls were these things all the day." Gauri complained.

"Even I don't know." Omkara shrugged.

"Can I remove these slippers, I can walk bare foot."

"No."

"Please, buddy." Gauri requested.

"No and that's final." Omkara said in a tone that of a parent refusing his child to have another toffee.

"Okay." Gauri said nodding silently making Omkara chuckle.

"Ladies and Gentlemen." The host started speaking gaining the attention of everyone in the Hall. "Thank you for accepting our invite and attending our charity ball." Sanjeev Malhotra, the host said.

"As most of you know this Charity ball is organised on the occasion of the homecoming of my only son, Samar. And on this occasion I would like to invite on the stage, My lovely son and future CEO of Malhotra industries, Samar Malhotra." Sanjeev said and everyone clapped as a Handsome young man made his way towards the stage.

"Good evening everyone, Thank you for your honour of attending the charity ball and contributing your funds for the sake of poor children." Samar said, "On this occasion, I would like to introduce the kind hearted lady behind this idea to raise funds for poor children and children suffering from malnutrition. Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce, The most kind hearted lady that won my heart with her empathy, My Fiancee, Tia Kapoor." Samar said clapping his hands as Tia, dressed in a shimmery designer long gown walked on to the stage.

Omkara stiffened beside Gauri as he heard Tia's name.

"Aww... Thank you Samar baby." Tia said kissing on Samar cheek. "I always felt bad about those poor children, who are suffering from Poverty and Malnutrition, I always thought of helping them one way or other, when Mrs. Malhotra told me about organising a party for our homecoming, I said it would be noble if we organise a fundraiser instead for that cute children out there." Tia said earning an applause from the people in the Hall.

"Great na." Gauri said clapping and turned around only to find Omkara missing.

"Buddy?" Gauri called searching around for Omkara

"Buddy? Why did you left me alone in that hall?" Gauri asked coming near Omkara, who was standing beside the pool.

"I searched everywhere for you, buddy." Gauri said taking deep breathes, "Did you heard that, that girl in white dress, what's her name again, Tia. She organised this party to collect funds for poor children, What a good soul she is." Gauri said in appreciating tone.

"She's no angel," Omkara said holding Gauri by her arm with a force, "Did you understand that, she's not an angel, she's a witch because of whom my brother is laying in the hospital bed for 2 years." Omkara shouted making tears pool in Gauri's eyes.

"Sorry." Omkara said leaving Gauri's arm and running his hand in his hair.

"Is she a bad woman, who hurt your brother? " Gauri asked softly.

"Yes." Omkara said pinching the bridge of his nose. "Now come, let's go home."

"Buddy, I forgot to say bye to my friend, I made here, give me a minute." Gauri said and ran away before Omkara can stop her.

"Hey Eddy." Gauri said raising the table cloth.

"Hey Ri, you brought chocolate pudding? " Edward asked licking his cup of chocolate pudding.

"No, I will go get some pudding for you but you have to help me with something." Gauri said looking around.

"I will do anything but I need chocolate pudding." Edward said cocking his head.

"Ok, deal." Gauri said.

"Tell me what should I do? " Edward asked happily.

"O god! Where has this girl gone now? " Omkara groaned holding his forehead with his palm searching for Gauri.

"You stupid, worthless street rat." Tia shouted at the top of her voice making Omkara look in her direction.