Chapter 44

"How long are you gonna take to get ready?" Omkara asked Gauri, who was locked inside the dressing since half an hour.

"Give me five minutes, Omkara." Gauri's muffled voice came.

"Okay, make it fast, we don't wanna get late for the party." Omkara said as he began to set his hair, standing in front of the mirror dressed in jeans and white T-shirt paired with a black leather coat.

"Done." Gauri gasped stepping out of the dressing room, wearing the baby pink dress Omkara brought for her the previous day. The boat necked dress hugged her body till the waist and flowed down till her knees like a skirt.

Omkara looked at her mesmerized.

"This dress is weird, why can't I wear my normal dresses." Gauri complained pulling on the dress making Omkara snap out of his dreams.

"It's a family party and I want you to be dressed appropriate." Omkara said holding Gauri by her elbow and pulling her closer.

"Hmm__Ok." Gauri pouted, "But I won't wear those tall slippers again." She said remembering the heels she wore for the Malhotra's party.

"Okay, you can wear flats." Omkara said, "Now, let's get you ready for the party."

"I am ready for the party, Omkara." Gauri said confused.

"No, you are not." Omkara said pulling the hair tie and letting Gauri's hair fall freely from her ponytail.

"Ouch, Omkara, why did you spoiled my hair?" Gauri asked.

"I am gonna set your hair and get you ready." Omkara said taking out the comb from the drawer.

"Stay still." He instructed holding Gauri's face between his thumb finger and index finger as he began to do a partition on her hair and began to get her party ready.

"Done." Omkara said after a few minutes.

"Can we go now?"

"Yes, but wait a minute." Omkara said searching his dressing table drawers. "I kept it here yesterday, where did it go?"

"What are you searching for Omkara?" Gauri asked peeking from behind Omkara's shoulder.

"This." Omkara said standing up holding a head band.

"Now, you are all set to go." Omkara said placing the head band on Gauri's hair, satisfied with his work.

"Come, let's go." Omkara said holding Gauri's hand and walking outside his apartment.

"Hello Mr and Mrs Oberoi." Anika said greeting Jhanvi and Tej.

"Dr.Mishra, Thanks for accepting our invitation." Jhanvi smiled.

"How can I not," Anika smiled, "and Please, call me Anika."

"Welcome Anika, the party is about to start." Jhanvi said guiding Anika towards the party area in the back yard of Oberoi mansion.

"Looks like you are enjoying your new found peace, Oberoi." Anika said startling Shivaay, who was drinking water, making him choke.

"Peace. I don't think I can be at peace in your honourable presence, Mishra." Shivaay's annoyed reply came as he wiped the wet stains of water off his dark grey coat.

"Glad to know that." Anika said giving a sweet smile.

"Did anyone told you how much of an annoying woman, you are?" Shivaay said through his clenched teeth.

"Oh, I don't really like compliments." Anika said flipping her hair.

"Just stay away from me, mad woman." Shivaay huffed.

"Like I am dying to be around you." Anika rolled her eyes.

"You are one such utterly annoying and frustratingly mad woman."

"And you are a egoistic jerk with zero manners and___"

"Anika di___ Shivaay bhaiyya." Gauri's  joyous voice halted Anika and Shivaay's banter.

Anika and Shivaay turned in the direction of Gauri's voice, where Gauri was standing beside Omkara, smiling bright.

"Hi Cutie." Anika said giving a short hug.

"Hello Kid." Shivaay said patting on Gauri's hair.

"Hello Dr. Mishra, how are you?" Omkara asked Anika, sounding polite.

"Call me Anika and I am good." Anika smiled.

"Is everything alright, you both looked like you were amidst of a serious discussion." Omkara asked looking between Anika and Shivaay.

"Oh, nothing serious." Anika waved her hands beating Shivaay, before he can open his mouth, "We were debating about the Great Personalities and their Titles, aren't we Mr. Oberoi?" Anika asked Shivaay in a sweet voice.

"Yes, we were." Shivaay said in a gruff tone.

"If you say so." Omkara shrugged clearly not buying their story.

"Gauri, you are looking pretty." Anika said changing the topic, focusing on Gauri, who was looking around standing beside Omkara.

"Thank you, Anika di." Gauri smiled. "You are looking beautiful and I missed you."

"Aww__I missed you too, my little cutie pie." Anika said wrapping her hands around Gauri in bear hug.

"Didn't you missed me, little warrior?" Rudra's voice came from behind making Gauri turn around with a bright smile.

"Ru__" Gauri exclaimed as she wrapped her hands around Rudra in a hug. "I missed you too."

"I know Sweetheart, I know, that's why I am here." Rudra said hugging back Gauri making Omkara growl.

"Hello Rudra." Shivaay interjected sensing Omkara's anger.

"Hi Shivaay bhaiyya." Rudra greeted releasing Gauri from his hug and Omkara immediately pulled her beside him wrapping a possessive hand around her waist.

"Who's this gorgeous lady here?" Rudra asked turning towards Anika making her blush.

"Rudra, meet Dr. Anika Mishra." Omkara introduced.

"And Anika, this is___"

"Rudra, Rudra Singhania." Rudra introduced himself cutting off Omkara forwarding his hand towards Anika.

"Nice meeting you, Mr. Singhania." Anika said shaking her hands with Rudra.

"Call me Rudra." Rudra winked.

"And me as Anika." Anika smiled.

"Shivaay, Omkara." Jhanvi called coming towards them. "Sons' it's the time for the party to start and I want you both to come and meet our guests."

"Sure, Mom. But Gauri__" Omkara said worrying about leaving Gauri's side.

"Rudra will keep the company of the girls, won't you, Rudra?" Jhanvi asked.

"With all my pleasure, Jhanvi aunty. I would love to."

"See, now you both come and greet the guests." Jhanvi said hurrying Omkara and Rudra.

"Come on girls, let's go and enjoy the party." Rudra said forwarding his hands for Gauri and Anika.

"Let's go." Gauri and Anika said hooking their arms around Rudra's hand.

Rudra winked at Omkara and Shivaay as he guided Gauri and Anika towards the party area. Leaving behind a very annoyed Omkara and Shivaay.