Chapter 33

"Show me, where's the ghost?" Omkara asked Gauri, who was hiding behind him clutching his T-shirt tight.

"I don't know, but she must be hiding somewhere waiting for an opportunity to attack." Gauri mumbled looking left and right cautiously.

"God, where did I got struck." Omkara groaned.

"Omkara, please help me." Gauri cried as they heard utensils fall in the kitchen. "She's in the kitchen."

"I don't think that's a ghost." Omkara said walking towards the kitchen with Gauri walking behind him.

"See, there's no one here." Omkara said looking around the kitchen. "You are getting scared for nothing."

Suddenly as black cat meowed sitting on the railing of the balcony making Gauri squeal and jump on to Omkara, wrapping her legs around his waist hiding her face in the crook of his neck.

"Ghost__Ghost." Gauri sobbed.

"It's a cat, Gauri." Omkara said with his hands wrapped around Gauri to support her weight.

"No, it's a ghost."

"No, it isn't."

"It will kill me."

"God, no... "

"Please don't leave me alone." Gauri sobbed.

"Shh... Don't cry, I am here." Omkara said softly. "I am taking you to my apartment." He informed walking towards his apartment locking Gauri's apartment.

Omkara carried Gauri into his apartment and carefully placed her on the coach of the living room.

"Gauri, open your eyes, you are safe." Omkara called out watching Gauri, who was closing her eyes tight.

"Did the ghost left?" Gauri asked peeking through one eye.

"Yes and you are in my apartment. Don't be scared."

"Okay." Gauri nodded.

"Here, take this remote and you can watch cartoons, I have to make a quick call." Omkara said passing TV remote to Gauri and walking towards the balcony.

"What O missing me?" Rudra asked humour laced in his voice as soon as he lifted the call.

"You idiot, you took her to a horror movie!" Omkara growled without any preamble. "This is utter merde¹." He started and saw Gauri looking in his direction.

"What happened Omkara? Why are you fussing on that, it's just a movie." Rudra answered coolly.

"What happened? Idiot, she was crying from past half an hour, Sacred watching that stupid horror movie."

"What?"

"Yes, who the hell asked you to take her to the movies and that too, to a Horror one." Omkara scolded.

"I thought to show her some different genre apart from those animation ones."

"You and your stupid ideas, She won't sleep, scared about the ghosts."

"Should I come and accompany her?"

"What you have done is enough for the day, she's watching cartoons in my living room. You are an idiot to take her to a Horror movie."

"Well, be grateful, at least I didn't took her to a sloppy romantic movie, or else she would have asked you why the hero is cleaning the heroines lips even if there's no lipstick." Rudra said making Omkara's face pale.