Chapter 47

"My Grandfather brought this wineyard 70 years ago and since the  our family is one of the finest wine producers in the country." Shivaay said giving a tour to Anika around the wineyard.

"Do you visit here often?" Anika asked following Shivaay.

"I used to visit the Wineyard every week before my accident, I like watching the preparation of the red liquid, it fascinates me." Shivaay smiled offering a glass of freshly squeezed grape juice to Anika.

"Thank you." Anika said accepting the glass and drinking the juice. "It's lovely and tasted delicious." Anika said gulping the contents.

"This grape juice is stored in containers and fermented for a 4 weeks and then aged for one month, to obtain the ready to bottle red wine." Shivaay said explaining the wine making process.

"It's great to have a tour around here and having a chance for wine tasting." Anika said setting on a stone chair near the grapevines. "Thank you."

"Pleasure is all mine." Shivaay smiled sitting beside Anika.

They sat on the bench in a comfortable silence between them as they watched the wine makers collect the ripened grapes in the wooden baskets.

"Wanna have a bite." Anika asked forwarding a box of Turkish delight towards Shivaay.

"Sure." Shivaay smiled accepting Animals offer, "It's my___"

"Favourite." Anika said cutting off Shivaay, "I know."

"You know that? How?" Shivaay asked surprised.

"I have my ways, Oberoi." Anika said flashing a teasing smile.

"Now, I am curious. Pray, tell me how you figured that out, Mishra." Shivaay asked slightly facing  towards Anika.

Anika shook her head and leaned her back against the stone bench in a relaxed manner gently popping a Turkish delight in her mouth, swallowing it as Shivaay watched her intently.

"Remember, the Emerson's business launch party, that was held a few months before your accident?" Anika asked looking at the horizon.

"You were there at that party?" Shivaay asked sounding surprised.

"Off course, Mrs. Emerson and My mother are great friends, I attended that party along with my parents." Anika said silently.

"I never saw you in that party."

"You were so busy relishing the Turkish delight to notice your surroundings." Anika chuckled.

"That's was when I saw you for the first time." Anika said looking into Shivaay's eyes. "You were eating those Turkish delights like, it's just you and those Turkish delights in this whole world. You ate them until they almost ran out of them." Anika laughed.

"That was the first time, I got to taste a Turkish delight and I instantly fell in love with the richness of the dessert. I can never forget the taste of those Turkish delight's nor the party." Shivaay chuckled, "It was after that party, Tia began to behave differently with me, I thought she needed space but what never crossed my mind is she cheating on me." Shivaay let out a deep sigh.

"I am sorry for what happened between you and Ms. Kapoor." Anika said placing her hand on Shivaay's hand that was laying on the bench.

"Don't be." Shivaay said looking at a distance, "I am glad about whatever happened, it was what made me realize Tia's reality."

"That must have broken your heart."

"I won't deny it, it was very painful knowing the girl, I trusted and loved was cheating on my back but the good side is I learnt a lesson for life." Shivaay said looking at Anika, who was looking at him.