Chapter 46

"Take a left from here and stop in front of that street lamp." Anika said giving directions to Shivaay as he drove her to her home.

"You live here?" Shivaay asked parking his car in front of a small hipped roof house with a cute garden in front of it surrounded by a picketing fence.

"Yes, why are you looking so shocked?" Anika asked collecting her handbag and coat.

"I thought..." Shivaay trailed.

"Thought that since I am the daughter of Sanjay Mishra, I would be living in a Mansion?" Anika said completing Shivaay's sentence.

Shivaay nodded.

"That's where you got wrong, Oberoi. Just because my father is rich doesn't mean I have to live in a Manor to show off the riches." Anika said, "I am an Independent Woman, I don't need my parents money to lead a comfortable life, I am happy with this simple life, I can afford with my own hard earned money." She said getting down the car leaving a surprised Shivaay behind.

"Mishra, wait." Shivaay said getting down the car and jogging towards Anika.

"I will walk with you till the door." He said making Anika look at him in surprise but nevertheless she allowed him.

"Good Night, Mr. Oberoi." Anika said standing at her doorstep.

"Good Night." Shivaay said not making an attempt to move away from her door step.

"Do you want to say something, Oberoi?"

"Erm__ Can I take you to the wine yard tour tomorrow?" Shivaay said rubbing his neck with his hand making Anika raise her brow in surprise, "I kinda heard your conversation with my mom." He explained.

"If I don't know you any better, I would think you are asking me out for a date." Anika said crossing her hands.

"No, it's not a date." Shivaay said hurriedly, "Let's just hang out, you know, like friends."

"So, we are friends now?" Anika asked in a teasing tone.

"Gosh, Woman, can't you just answer in Yes or No, without annoying me." Shivaay asked in a fake annoyed tone trying to cover his blush.

Anika laughed out loud looking at Shivaay's embarassed face.

"Pick me up by 10 AM tomorrow." Anika said before unlocking her door and getting inside.

Shivaay smiled bright ruffling his hair with his hand looking at Anika's closed door.

Knock knock

The knock on the door made Gauri sit up on the bed startled, Jhanvi showed her the guest room to stay for the night, but she couldn't sleep with the fear of being alone in the unfamiliar room.

Knock knock

This time the knock was harder than before, Gauri just sat on her frozen not knowing whether to open the door or not.

"Gauri, open the door, it's me Omkara." Omkara's muffled voice came making Gauri run to the door and yank it open.

"Omkara." Gauri said hugging Omkara tight as soon as she opened the door. "I was scared."

"I am here, don't worry." Omkara said wrapping his arms around her. "Do you want me to tuck you in the bed." He asked softly.

Gauri shook her head in No.

"I am not feeling sleepy." She said looking up at him from the embrace.

"Okay then, I know what to do." Omkara said holding Gauri's hand, "Come with me."

Omkara took Gauri onto the terrace of Oberoi Mansion.

"Omkara__"

"Shh... Follow me." Omkara said pulling her towards a isolated spot in the corner of the roof top surrounded by jasmine creepers.

"What are we doing here?" Gauri asked looking at Omkara, who was now settled down on the floor.

"Star gazing." Omkara said patting the place beside him gesturing Gauri to sit.

"Star gazing?" Gauri asked settling beside Omkara.

"Yes, when I was young, I used to come here every night, to see the stars. It gives me peace and happiness. This is my favourite spot. " Omkara said laying down on the floor with his hand under his head.

"Okay." Gauri said laying beside Omkara as they both began to gaze at the stars.

"Come here, I will show you the constellation." Omkara said opening his arm for Gauri to move closer.

"You see there, that's called Ursa Major." Omkara said pointing towards a constellation.

"The great bear?" Gauri asked laying her head on Omkara's biceps.

"Yes, The great bear as they call it." Omkara said looking at the sky as they both layed side by side, enjoying the stars in the night sky.

Omkara averted his gaze from the sky, turning sidewards to look at Gauri, who was looking at the sky intently to spot the constellations, she looked ethereal with moon light lightening her face, as she layed beside him wearing his white T-shirt and shorts.

"You are beautiful." Omkara said pushing the stray hairs behind her ear enjoying the feel of her porcelain skin under his fingers.

"Thank you." Gauri said looking at Omkara smiling.

"And then Veer bhaiyya pushed Dheer bhaiyya and While they both were fighting I sneaked away and ate all the snacks." Gauri said narrating the funny fights between her brothers and herself.

"Sneaky kitten." Omkara said pinching Gauri's nose making her giggle.

Gauri yawned snuggling closer to Omkara.

"Let's go down and tuck you in the bed." Omkara said getting up.

"Omkara, Don't." Gauri said wrapping her hands around him, "I don't want to sleep alone."

"But, here, you don't have any bed or blanket to sleep." Omkara explained.

"I don't need bed or blanket, I just need you." Gauri mumbled in her sleepy state making Omkara's heart flutter.

"Okay then, come closer." Omkara said removing his leather jacket and wrapping it around Gauri, to keep her warm. "Sleep." He said pulling her closer as they both layed down on the terrace floor.

"Good Night." Gauri said snuggling closer to Omkara.

"I always thought that money and luxury is what you need to lead a happy and comfortable life, but today when I am laying on this cold floor without any basic necessities, I still feel happy and contended with her in my arms. My life was not the same one like it had been a few months back, I never thought I would get a girl to my home to introduce to my parents, but again who thought this petite girl has the ability to break the walls that I built around making me realize how happy and peaceful life can be. If this is what my life feels like being in love with her, then I would gladly accept my fall for her."

"Today I realized that known or unknown to her knowledge, Gauri Sharma holds my heart and I don't regret it." Omkara thought softly kissing Gauri's hair wrapping his arms around her.