Chapter 43

"Omkara, where are we?" Gauri asked Omkara, as he brought her to an unfamiliar place after picking up her at her college.

"You will see, come." Omkara said getting down the car and walking inside a shop with Gauri following him closely.

"Mr.Oberoi." A middle aged woman, who was elegantly dressed with her blond hair tied in bun, greeted Omkara as soon as she saw him enter her shop.

"Ms.White." Omkara nodded.

"Please call me Lisa." The lady said, "How may I help you today?"

"I need a dress for this lady here." Omkara said pointing at Gauri, who was silently standing beside Omkara.

"Hello, I am Lisa, Lisa white." The lady  shook her hands with Gauri.

"Gauri Sharma." Gauri smiled.

"Ok, Mr. Oberoi. I will ask my team to get our latest designs for the lady. Till then please be seated. " Lisa said and walked away to speak with her team.

"Omkara." Gauri called tugging at his shirt.

"Yes."

"Why are we here?" Gauri asked looking confused.

"My parents invited us for the dinner party at their place tomorrow, you need a dress to attend that and we are here to buy it." Omkara explained.

"But, I do have many dresses in my closet. What's the need to buy again."

"I want to buy a new dress for you, so that everyone can see how cute you are." Omkara smiled looking at Gauri. "Can you do that for me?"

"Okay." Gauri smiled.

"We are ready, Mr. Oberoi." Lisa announced as she came towards Omkara.

"Ms.Sharma, please follow our team." Lisa asked Gauri.

"Go and try the dresses." Omkara said to Gauri.

"Won't you come with me?"

"I don't think, I can__"

"Mr.Oberoi, you can go inside with Ms. Sharma." Lisa said interrupting.

"If you say so, okay." Omkara said and followed Lisa's team along with Gauri.

"How's this one?" Gauri asked showing a blue sweetheart neckline, think straps dress.

"No." Omkara said sitting in a plush white leather sofa.

"This one." Gauri asked showing a long red body con dress, the sales girl gave her.

"Oh, god. No." Omkara said rejecting the umpteenth dress in the row.

"I don't know, what else to buy." Gauri said sitting beside Omkara on the sofa.

"What a stupid team Ms. White is having? They are of no help." Omkara growled.

"That's cause you have been rejecting all the dresses they show and scolded them." Gauri reminded.

"They are unprofessional workers." Omkara said.

"What do we do now?" Gauri asked leaning her face on her hand supporting in her elbows on her knee.

"What if they don't help us, I will select the dress for you, come." Omkara said standing up and forwarding his hand for Gauri to take.

"I can still wear my usual dresses." Gauri mumbled following Omkara.

"Too short." Omkara said pushing the dress away and going to next one. "Is this a dress or floral garden, why does it have so many flowers on it." He said wrinkling his face and going to next one pulling Gauri with him.

"This, This is perfect." Omkara said taking out a sleeveless pink boat neck dress and placing it on Gauri's front.

"Yes, it's perfect." Omkara said and called the shop assistant.

"Please, get this dress customized to her size and deliver it to me by tomorrow." Omkara instructed giving his card.

"Sure, sir." The girl said moving towards the counter.

"Can we go home now?" Gauri asked hopefully.

"Yes, but after finishing the whole shopping." Omkara said pulling her with him.

"We didn't finished the shopping yet!" Gauri asked feeling exhausted.

"Just two more stops and we can go home." Omkara said collecting his card and going towards his car.

"Gauri." Omkara called, once he parked his car in the garage of their apartments.

When he got no response from Gauri, he realized that, she was fast asleep in his car seat.

"Seems like I really exhausted her with all that shopping." Omkara smiled shaking his head as he jogged towards Gauri's side, to carry her inside the apartment.

"Omkara." Gauri mumbled in her sleep as he layed her on his bed.

"I am here, go back to sleep." Omkara whispered smoothing her hair and just like that Gauri went back to sleep.

Omkara removed Gauri's shoes and layed beside her pulling her into his arms. Gauri instantly wrapped her arms around him, snuggling against him.

"My baby." Omkara smiled kissing Gauri's forehead, tightening his hands around her.

"What do you mean by you invited Dr. Mishra to the party?" Shivaay asked Jhanvi. "I was feeling happy thinking finally I got away from that mad doctor and you invited her to party?"

"Shivaay, Dr. Mishra is a good woman, you know when we lost hopes about you, she's the one who got our backs and treated you, all the while supporting us." Jhanvi explained in a calm tone.

"Yes, Shivaay, we want Dr. Mishra to join us in our happiness. Please don't say No, your Mom and I already invited her." Tej said supporting Jhanvi.

"Fine, But I don't want her anywhere near me. I despise that mad woman." Shivaay said walking away.

"Yes, it got delivered." Omkara spoke into his phone while whisking the sauce in the glass vessel.

"Omkara." Gauri called in her sleepy voice as she strolled out of his bedroom.

"Okay Lisa, Thank you for your services." Omkara said disconnecting the call as Gauri walked inside the kitchen rubbing the sleep off her eyes.

"Why my baby's up so early on the weekend?" Omkara asked cupping Gauri's face with his one hand.

"I can't sleep alone, the bed's cold." Gauri mumbled wrapping her hands around Omkara, resting her head against his chest, closing her eyes, sleepily.

"Sorry for leaving you alone and cold." Omkara mumbled tucking Gauri's head under his chin. "I thought of preparing breakfast for us, before you wake up."

"What are you cooking for breakfast?" Gauri mumbled against his chest.

"I am preparing lasagna." Omkara said, "Now that, you are awake why don't you go freshen up. We can eat our breakfast, watch some cartoons and then get ready and go to dinner at my parents."

"Sure." Gauri said raising her head from Omkara's chest, "I can't wait to meet Jhanvi aunty, Tej uncle and Shivaay bhaiyya." She said excited.

"Then go and get ready soon." Omkara said unwrapping his arms around her.

"I will be ready in a giffy." Gauri said running towards the bathroom.

"Slow down, you will trip." Omkara warmed from the kitchen shaking his head smiling at Gauri's antics.

"What is this unfamiliar warm feeling I am experiencing, am I falling in love with Gauri?" Omkara thought.