distant

Lauren

I sat there just staring at him,

"Was he even worth it?" He asked me.

"Worth what ?" I questioned back .

"Losing me." I looked him in the eyes full of guilt and love. But that wasn't working I could feel his feelings had changed when he basically learned of what I had did.

"No He wasn't, I love you. It meant nothing" I looked at him and and he laughed. I couldn't let him go and I know the love was still there. But so was the hurt.
*Dream has ended*

I was cut off from my dream by the sound of my phone rining. I took one look at the contact name and let it go to voicemail. He was unimportant and I really didn't really want to talk to him. "Who that?" I heard a deep voice come into the room, it was Hussle.

"A random number" I hopped out the bed and began to start my daily routine.

My phone was ringing off the hook it almost felt like everyone knew what had happened because people who I least expected just kept calling or maybe it was just the guilt settling.

I answered the phone the tenth time it had rung it was starting to annoy me. "What the fuck do you want?" I said.

"Damn you couldnt come see your cousin in the hospital hanging on for dear life?" I heard a chuckle over the phone.

"I didn't know if you would want me to. How are you? They told me you're okay, do you know who did it?!". I questioned.

"I got set up. By my own homeboy it was something that was supposed to go down the same day Greg got shot, Thank god whoever shot him got him good.

He was supposed to take me out but its brother ended up trying to cut the slack for him." He muttered.

"Kent you're lying. How do you even know this?" My tears started to overflow.

"Summer told me. Its alright though, they say he paralyzed and can't even talk anymore. Luckily I just gotta take leg therapy and Im good."

"Yeah I heard."

"They put out on a search warrant for a murder weapon regarding Greg since they cant put pieces together. I hope whoever it was having a good night rest I cant believe this nigga tried to set me up, I was the only one by his side. And Tasha ass sitting at the hospital with him like a dumb ass, she dont know shit about loyalty and family."

"I told you that. She doesn't care long as she is good."

"I might start fucking around with Summer cuz how you feel about that?" He laughed.

"No thats nasty!!!!!!!!! I dont want you in that whole Hoggy and Greg triangle she is messy and you're not about to be apart of the shit"

"Man I was kidding! I'll hit you up later my leg starting to irritate me."

"Okay I love you!"

"Love you too.. bye bye"

Nipsey POV

Lauren has been really distant for the past week or so. But when she told me she was pregnant it made us come back closer. When I heard the heartbeat I knew it was real.

The doctor left us alone. Lauren stared at the ultrasound picture and I noticed she was tearing up. I got up and grabbed a paper towel to help clean the little gel shit off her belly.

"Starting over all over again.. Can you believe this?" She asked looking up at me and I smiled and kissed her.

"You are a great mom and I mean you have me to so you'll never be in this alone" I say trying to encourage her but she seemed to still be uneasy.