Evidence.

LAUREN

It's trial day and I'm so scared that Ermias is going to be stuck in prison. It's going to be a very long and emotional day for all of us. I still don't know the details of what happened the day he was arrested but I'll find out today.

Nae got up super early with me and Sammy to help get the kids ready. I don't want to bring them to court so Adam agreed to watch them for me today. Court starts at eight but I want to be there at least twenty minutes early.

When I took the kids to see Ermias, I was happy until we got into it. I hate when we don't speak. I know for sure they were happy to see him. They made the absolute best out of those thirty minutes, he made sure of it.

"Boog...how many times are you planning on changing before we can go?" Nae huffed from nearby. Aside from this trial mess I do have something to looks forward to and that's my kids. I know if Ermias was home I would definitely being shown more enthusiasm. Until that time comes I'll be okay. The rest of the drive to the court I wondered about where I'd like to be in the future. All I can see is my kids, Ermias and the rest of our family. I wasn't planning on going, Damn near took me some time to sit and think of it. But I wasn't gone do him like that when he need me the most.

We reached the courthouse and found a parking space on a side street that wouldn't be in the middle of the chaos. All of us got out and walked around the corner seeing news vans, reporters, and regular people being nosy. I walked a little behind everyone up the stairs and towards the doors. Blac held the door open for us all following behind us. Each of us had to be searched and go through the sensors before entering the court. Once we were all cleared I looked around wishing I was at home with my babies

"Where are we supposed to go?" Samantha asked, wrapping her arm around my shoulder.

"Let me ask, hold on." Blac walked over to a desk with two women behind it, shuffling through paperwork. We got the information we needed and rushed down to the assigned room. So much is going on outside the court as well as inside making me feel
overwhelmed.

I felt like this is so rushed. But it feels to me that the State is pushing this faster than necessary. I mean from what I've witnessed in the past there's supposed to be something called a preliminary hearing right after he's arrested. He didn't have that.

"Sam..do we have time to talk before we go in?" I told everyone they can go in.

"Whats wrong? you feeling okay?" He panicked.

"Yeah I'm fine. Why this whole case feel forced? we're already at the most important point for this whole thing. I don't get it."

"He didn't want me to tell you this but it's a little more than what happened with the Shootout. Yes you right about the rush on his conviction because they want him for it. I don't know how but word got around that Nip was involved in suspicious activity. Drug activity. So they building this case fast and they're pushing for him to get convicted. Whether he's guilty or innocent for the murder charge, they want his ass." he explained.

Listening to Blac prove me right. I don't even know how to respond. I knew something felt off about this whole thing. Typical Ermias never telling the full story.

"Come on." Blac followed behind me inside the courtroom. I sat on the end of the row in case I needed to go too the bathroom. The wait for this shit to start is crucial. His lawyer got here early to set himself up. The empty seats where the jury sits is making me anxious. I never imagined I'd have to sit in court and listen to Ermias old life be exposed for all to hear in a whole new form.