Someday Maybe | Joel

"This is..." She was speechless. "I know." He smiled and stood next to her, looking at the view in front of them. "It's amazing, isn't it?" She nodded as the both of them continued staring at the bright lights as they watched the world go by.

"This isn't some evil plan where you bring me here to push me off, right? 'Cause if that was the case, this night definitely took a turn I wasn't expecting." She joked as he let out a laugh. "No, of course not. I'm not some evil mastermind. I'm simply a guy who took a beautiful girl out to see the city from a different point of view." He smiled as he looked at her. A blush formed on her face as she realized that he called her beautiful.

A few moments of silence filled the air between them until he broke it. "Do you want to talk about it?" Nicole slowly shook her head and sighed. "I don't think so. I mean... what else is there to say? We were engaged and he left me. End of story, I guess. He's out there, probably looking for his "happy ending" with someone new and me, well I'm just... here."

"What about your "happy ending"? Aren't you looking for yours?" He asked as she shrugged her shoulders. "Maybe, but my love life hasn't exactly been something to boast about, if you can't tell." She cracked a sad smile. "It's made me change my view a bit when it comes to commitment. What if the next guy I'm with just decides one day that he doesn't want to be with me anymore? Like he got bored and wants something, or someone, new in his life?"

"Well, not all guys are like that." He commented. "There are people in this world who want something long term and others just don't. It's not your fault, if that's what you're thinking, that your relationship didn't work. People change... maybe he broke it off because he realized he couldn't give you something you deserve... true love."

She thought about his words for a moment. "You can't let the idea of guys just wanting to be with you just to break up in the end get in the way of you finding happiness with someone." Joel shifted from side to side. "Who knows? Maybe your prince charming is closer than you think."

Nicole looked up at him and gave him a small smile. "Maybe..." They turned their attention back to the city below as she let out a sigh. "I guess it did help talking a little about this. I got a guys' perspective out of this." She chuckled. "Well, I'm glad I was able to do one thing right tonight." Joel laughed. "You know, Joel, I was honestly debating on going out tonight because he was there and I wasn't sure if I was ready to see him again after everything that happened."

He waited for her to continue. "I'm actually happy that I went out because if I didn't, I wouldn't have gotten the chance to meet you." He smiled at her and scratched the back of his neck, chuckling.

"Thank you so much for taking me here and talking with me. Not many people would've done what you did. Now I don't feel so... alone." His fingers slowly grazed against hers, testing to see if she'll pull away, which she didn't. "I'd gladly do it again if it means I get to talk to you more." He smiled. His fingers intertwined with hers as a blush made its way across her face.

"Do you believe there's someone out here in this world made for us? Like, a soulmate?" She asked as he nodded. "I do." He turned to look at her. "I believe so, we just haven't found them yet. I guess we just have to keep looking for that special someone." They continued looking at the city lights from below as she had one thing in mind.

Maybe her prince charming is closer than she thought.

Maybe... just maybe...