Santa, Baby | Whoever 🎄

"Okay

"Okay... almost done." I smiled to myself as I looked at the view in front of me. Two mugs filled with hot chocolate, a movie about to be played on our TV screen and one big blanket for the both of us to share.

"I got the snacks!" He spoke as he walked into the room and placed his little bag of junk food on the couch. "Movie night has officially begun."

We got ourselves settled onto the couch as he wrapped his arm around me, bringing me close to him. "What are we watching?"

"Just some love story that we probably won't even be paying attention to."

-

"That is so cliché! C'mon, I saw that happening from a mile away." He laughed as he took a sip from his mug. "But did you see how hot he was?"

"Hey, I'm sitting right here!" He pouted as I laughed. "Oh, I'm sorry babe. You're the most handsome man I've ever met." He smiled and returned his attention back to the screen. "Besides that hottie in the movie." I mumbled. He playfully pushed me off to the side and laughed.

"You love me."

"Unfortunately." Now it was my turn to push him off to the side as he held the mug away from me. "Hey hey! Watch it! You're gonna make me spill it all over us." He smiled. "Besides, that was payback for calling him hot."

"Hmph... I guess we're even." I chuckled.

That mug... the more he drinks it, the more nervous I get. His surprise is at the bottom of the cup. I know we've talked about having a family together, and this is it. It's happening.

How would he react? Will he be able to say anything? He's almost finished with the cup. Getting closer and closer to the message at the bottom.

"Have you thought about what you're getting me for Christmas?" He laughed as he took another sip. "Ay Díos.." I smiled. "Yes, I have – have you?"

He nodded. "I've got the perfect gift, all wrapped up and ready to go."

"I bet mine is better."

"No, I think mine is."

"As much as I love your gifts baby, I think I got this one in the bag this year." I smiled. "In fact..." I went quiet for a second. It's time. "It's actually in your hands." He held up the mug and I nodded. "What a pretty gift, but I think I won."

"You dork, no.." I brought the mug down and covered the top, looking up at him. "This is serious... look inside." I took my hands away as he slowly glanced down at what was waiting at the bottom.

"Mi amor..." He looked up at me. "Are you... are we...?" I nodded my head as I felt tears prickle at my eyes "¿Estás embarazada?"

"We're having a baby." He placed the mug down and reached over, giving me a hug. "Oh my – I can't – you're actually.." He fumbled over his words as he leaned down to my stomach, placing kisses over my shirt. "Baby, we're gonna be parents." He looked up at me as I saw tears slowly rolling down his cheeks. I brought my hand to his face as I wiped away his tears. "I know, mi amor."

He came back up and placed kisses all over my face. "Te amo.. te amo te amo te amo.." He kissed me as I wrapped my arms around his neck, bringing him closer to me. I don't want this moment to end. He pulled away as we looked into each other's eyes, a smile on both of our faces. "You definitely won this year. This is the best gift I could've ever received." I laughed and brought him closer to me once again.

"I told you mine was the best gift."