Baby, Please Come Home | Christopher 🎄

"Feliz Navidad, baby

"Feliz Navidad, baby." I heard him say to me on the phone. I smiled to myself as I sat down on the couch, setting down my hot chocolate. This year will be a little difficult. Why? Well... it will be our first Christmas apart. "Merry Christmas, Chris." I spoke. It was silent for a few moments before he spoke up. "It doesn't sound as good over the phone as it does in person, does it?"

I shook my head, almost forgetting that he can't see me. "You got that right." I'm gonna be honest, it just doesn't sound the same. I know that he's busy, but I still hoped that I would get to see him for the holidays. "It's breaking my heart that I wasn't able to be there this year." He said. "I know I made all those promises..."

"Chris, don't worry about it. It's okay, mi amor. I know you're really busy, I won't hold that against you." He sighed. "No I know I know... duty calls and all that and I get to think about our future and all the hundred reasons why I can't be with you today." I frowned and my hand reached to grab my mug. "I mean, no amount of reasoning is gonna make my heart ache any less. Christmas just isn't the same without you, mi vida."

"I know, baby. I know, but there's nothing else we can do about it. We're in two different places and flights are backed up, so I guess we'll just have to make due with what we've got." I took a sip of my drink, savoring the taste of chocolate in my mouth. "I'm whining, I'm sorry. It's not easy for both of us, I know but I'll make it up to you, I promise."

A sad smile formed on my lips. "I know you will." I looked around my living room and sighed. "Now, onto much brighter things. Did you get that thing I sent you yet?" He asked me. "Um.. no, I haven't gotten anything today." He groaned and I let out a laugh. "No? FedEx promised me it would arrive in time for Christmas. They said that the very least would arrive on Christmas itself, so keep your eyes peeled for me okay? That delivery could be arriving any minute now." I smiled to myself. "Okay, mi amor. I will."

"I told myself it wouldn't be so bad without you. I've prepared myself for this, you know. Since we both knew that this was coming and I thought I had it all sorted out... when I look at this dull and empty motel and see that I'm the only one here, when I realize this is not our living room, this bed is not our sofa and this blanket is not your arms and it's cold over here... I don't know, it just breaks my heart."

"I know exactly how you feel, but I know I'll see you soon." I wrapped myself with my blanket and imagined it was him holding his arms around me. "Maybe I'll go for a walk. Wanna come on a walk with me, bebesita?" He asked and I laughed. "Of course."

It's like I could almost see the smile on his face as he spoke. "Alright, let's go." I could hear him shuffling things in the background and hear him close a door. Only, it didn't sound like a regular door opening and closing. "Chris... were you in a car just now?" I asked him. "Hmm? Oh no that was the Motel door.."

"Enserio? I would've sworn it sounded like you were." I chuckled and took another sip of my hot chocolate. "No, the car is in the parking lot haha that was the Motel door, you weirdo." He laughed and it became silent for a few moments. "This Motel is.. barren. I mean, they set me up nice enough, but it just seems devoid of life without you here. The rest of the guys are busy anyways, so I can't distract myself from thinking about us being apart... how does that song go?" He cleared his throat and started softly singing.

"And even though I know how very far apart we are,

It helps to think we might be wishing on the same bright star

And when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome lullaby,

It helps to think we're sleeping underneath the same big sky.."

I laughed as his voice slightly cracked at the very end. "Ay Díos, that note.." I chuckled at him. "No no no no that's all you're gonna get haha I won't torture you with anymore of my singing right now, the distance is punishment enough." This honestly put a smile on my face. Just hearing his voice alone almost made me forget why he's not here. "Hey, I'm gonna take a wild guess here and say that you didn't take the trash cans in like I asked you to."

I was silent for a moment as I thought about what he asked me. "You didn't, did you?" I shook my head and spoke. "Um no, I'm pretty sure I did." I tried to lie and pretend like I didn't forget, which in fact I know I did.

"Oh, really? Hmm... are you sure? 'Cause something is telling me that you forgot." I smiled and placed down my mug. "I know I tend to be forgetful, but I'm pretty sure I already took them in." I heard him chuckle. "Alright, alright I'll believe you. I know you wouldn't lie to me, baby.." Damnit, he knows! Putting the guilt trip on me even when he's not here. How dare he? I laughed and grabbed the remote to turn on the TV.

"Hey one second, I'm getting another call. I'll be right back." He put me on hold for a second as I went to turn on Netflix. What are some good Christmas films to watch? Before I could even begin to search through my suggestion list, I heard the doorbell ring. Who could that be?

"Weird, wrong number..." I heard his voice once again as he took me off hold. "Hey, I just heard the doorbell ring." I spoke as I went to stand up. "It's probably FedEx. Go check it out and take me with you! I want to hear your reaction when you see the box." I went to go and find a sweater to quickly put on as he continued speaking through the phone. "Just uh do me a favor." He requested. "Sure, mi amor. What is it?"

"I know you're lonely at home, but try not to check out the delivery man to much, okay? Even if he is a hottie." I laughed and shook my head. "You're something else Christopher haha but of course. I'll do that for you." I walked over to the door and opened it. Shock written all over my face as tears started to swell up in my eyes. No way... no fucking way! What is Chris doing here?!

"Delivery for Mrs. – " Before he could even finish his sentence, I quickly embraced him for a hug. I could hear him laughing as my grip on him became a bit tighter. He brought my face up so I could look into his beautiful brown eyes as he leaned in for a kiss. Both of his hands cupped my cheek as we melted into each other and I could feel him smile against my lips as soft moans of content left his mouth. He pulled away too soon for my liking, looked down at me and laughed.

"Me extrañaste, mi amor?" I pulled him in for another kiss and he mumbled against my lips. "I can hardly tell." We kissed for a few more moments before we pulled away. "But... how are you here? You're supposed to be in – "

"I know I know but me and the boys managed to shift the schedule so we could go home and see our loved ones." I just can't believe he's actually here! "Pero mi amor, how were you able to? You were on a tight schedule and – "

"Los detalles no importan, bebesita. What matters is that I'm here." He rubbed small circles on my cheek as I leaned into him. "I've missed you so much."

"I've missed you too." We leaned in for another short but sweet kiss. "I know it seems hard to believe, but I made you a promise that night and I keep my promises... unlike someone I know who didn't bring in the trashcans." Fuck...

"Um... oops? You're not upset, right?" I asked as he shook his head. "No, baby I'm not upset. I could care less about them. I've just gone and gave myself the best present a guy could ask for... the love of his life, crying and cheeks reddened in his arms, clinging to him with all the might they can muster.." He laughed as he held me against him.

"I'm here and I'm not going anywhere... now let's get inside, get a warm drink and see if we can warm ourselves up with each other... oh, and (Y/N)?"

"Yes?"

"Felíz Navidad, mi amor."