Story Time With Papá | Richard 🎄

I was finishing up laundry and about to go into mine and Richard's shared room, when I noticed that Aaliyah's room light was still on

I was finishing up laundry and about to go into mine and Richard's shared room, when I noticed that Aaliyah's room light was still on. Curiosity got the best of me, so I went to go and check to see why she was still up.

"Are you guys settled in?" I heard Richard say to his girls. And yes, you heard me right, I said girls. We've been lucky enough to have a child of our own – Valeria Camacho. When Aaliyah found out that she was gonna be a big sister, the biggest smile ever spread across her cute chubby cheeks. "I'm gonna be a big sister!" She would yell out in excitement.

"One quick story and you better promise me to go to sleep after this, okay?" He laughed and the kids nodded enthusiastically. I set the basket of clothes on the floor next to me as I crossed my arms over my chest and watched him get comfortable on his chair as his daughters sat on the bed. "This one is a classic and it's one of papá's favorites..." He opened the book in his hands, cleared his throat and began reading.

"'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the house.

Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,

In hopes that Saint Nicholas soon would be there."

I glanced at the kids faces as they looked at the pictures in the book their papá was reading to them.

"The children were nestled, all snug in their beds." He leaned in and tickled their stomachs as their laughter filled the room.

"While visions of sugar plums danced in their heads.

And momma in her 'kerchief and I in my cap,

Had just settled our brains for a long winter's nap.

When out in the lawn there arose such a clatter,

I sprang from my bed to see what was the matter."

He smiled at his girls and watched them as they waited with anticipation for the next part to the story.

"Away to the window flew like a flash,

Tore open the shutters and threw up the sash.

The moon on the breast of the new-fallen snow,

Gave a lustre of midday to objects below,

When what to my wondering eyes did appear,

But a miniature sleigh with eight tiny reindeer."

I smiled at the interaction between the three of them. Aaliyah and Valeria snuggled close to each other with blankets wrapped around the both of them.

"With a little old driver so lively and quick,

I knew in a moment he must be St. Nick.

More rapid than eagles his coursers they came,