CHAPTER NINETEEN

After two days of no work and no school, I decided that I needed to go back. I didn't want to go back, not at all. But I needed to. What I want is to just stay curled up against one of my soulmates and let them help me feel safe. Unfortunately, they don't exactly go to my university.

The boys had driven me home this morning. It took me a solid thirty minutes to convince them to leave me alone. I told them that I would get ready as fast as I can so I could be around people I know sooner. The people I know being the crackheads I call friends.

So, once they left I began to get ready.  Walking into the bathroom, I headed straight towards my makeup. I grabbed my concealer, looking up into the mirror and glaring at the marks on my neck. They still haven't faded at all. Not one bit. Carefully, I dot the concealer on then blend it in so it looks natural. I don't want anyone seeing these.

Speeding to the kitchen, I grab a cup of coffee and a piece of bread. I eat the bread quickly then grab my backpack, rushes out the door of my apartment and locking it behind me. I speed to my car, jumping in and beginning to drive towards the university. I put on songs trying to calm me down. A song called Just Breathe by Pearl Jam came on, so I hummed along and eventually began to calm down.

I reach the school and park my car, heading to the cafe. I need more caffeine, so I get another cup of coffee then head to where my friends and I normally meet. I sigh in relief when I see them all there. They seemed to be in a deep conversation, so I clear my throat to get their attention. "Uh, hi."

Their heads shoot to look at me, Jade's face breaking out into a huge smile. "Y/N!"

Jade runs over to hug me, which I can usually deal with, but not today I guess. I stiffen up and cannot bring myself to unfreeze. Jade notices this. "Are you okay, Y/N?"

When Jade pulls away, I break from my trance and rushing my respond. "Yeah, I'm totally fine. Just haven't felt great these last few days, is all."

"Okay then," Sam hums. "Now, where the hell were you?!"

"And why didn't you answer any of our calls or texts?" Matt finishes.

I take a sharp breath and move a step back. "I was just sick and was basically sleeping the entire time. I'm sorry."

Jace sighs. "While I do believe you are hiding something, i speak for everyone when we say we forgive you. Now, let's get to class."

The others leave ahead of me, but I stood still in my spot. Class means seeing David, and I don't want to see him ever again.

Matt notices me stop and stops as well. "Hey, are you coming?"

I unfreeze and look up at him. "Yeah yeah I'm coming."

I slowly make my way towards my friends, then we head towards the classroom. My shaky hands are clenched by my side. We make it to the room and I look in, scanning the room with a fearful gaze. When I cannot seem to find David, I walk in and take my seat. My heart slows its pounding and I let out a sigh of relief. I slump in my seat and pull out what I need for class.

Then, just like my luck would allow, David walks in right before the professor. He doesn't look over to me, but that doesn't matter. I shrink in on myself and my hands begin to shake again. I shut my eyes and put my head down on the desk, trying to steady my breathing.

Fuck fuck fuck. I need to calm down. I need to calm down.

I keep my eyes squeezed shut, pressing my head further into my arms that are laying on the desk. My hands start to shake more violently and tears begin to fill my eyes. I repeatedly open and close my mouth, gulping down breaths of air and trying to stay quiet. When the professor begins to speak, I flinch and shoot my head up. I look around frantically, no one noticing my actions yet. Then, I come eye to eye with David. He is looking directly into my eyes with his raging ones. My breathing just stops, and I can't move.