CHAPTER FOURTY SIX

*Third POV*

Hyunjin looked at all the boys with a huge smile on his face. He then turns back to face Y/N.

"Hey baby, how about you squeeze Minho's hand for me please," he mumbles softly.

Minho braces himself for Y/N to not squeeze his hand, but a smile breaks out onto his face as a small bit of pressure was applied to his hand. "Hi baby."

Tears begin to build in a few of the boys' eyes.

Changbin moves over to the table with the doctor button and presses it. "I figure he would want to know this."

"Hey Sweetheart," Minho hushes. "Squeeze my hand if you can hear us, okay?"

Minho holds his breath, waiting for Y/N to press on his hand. After a few moments, a soft pressure was applied on his hand, and Minho's smile grows even larger.

"Good job darling," Felix praises softly.

After a few moments, the doctor comes into the room quickly. The boys quickly rush to tell him what happened, causing the doctor to smile a bit.

"It seems that Y/N may be waking up," the doctor hums.

All of the boys break out into huge ass smiles, happy to know that their baby is finally going to wake up.

"However," the doctor continues. "I need to test to see if Y/N can grip something. I need to be sure myself. Do you mind if I hold one of his/her/their hands?"

Minho gets up from his seat, carefully letting go of Y/N's hand. "Here."

The doctor nods his head and moves over to where Minho was, carefully taking Y/N's hand in his.

"Hey Y/N," the doctor speaks quietly. "I'm Dr. Calum James. I'm holding the hand that your soulmate Minho was holding. Do you think you could squeeze me hand?"

Dr. James waits for a moment, then feels Y/N just barely tightening his/her/their grip on his hand before Y/N's hand goes slack again.

"He/She/They is/are definitely waking up," Dr. James nods as he stands and delicately drops Y/N's hand. "Which is very good news."

"Do you think Y/N will wake up soon?" Chan inquires softly.

"It's hard to tell," Dr. James begins. "But I would like for you all to prepare for it to take a while. It could take another month for Y/N to wake up fully. But there is definitely a bright future."

"Thank you," Seungmin mumbles, graciously.

Dr. James nods and leaves the room, allowing the boys to crowd around Y/N again.

"Hey baby," Jisung begins. "Visiting hours are almost up, so we have to head back to our apartment now."

"We will come visit you tomorrow though," Jeongin assures Y/N.

Stray Kids say their goodbyes and head out of the hospital room. Once they leave the hospital, they all let out a huge sigh and begin to head home. Once home, they all plop down on various pieces of furniture across the living room.

"Chan hyung?" Jeongin hums quietly once everyone is settled.

"Hm?"

Jeongin hesitates for a second before continuing. "Do you think Y/N will wake up soon?"

"I honestly don't know Jeongin," Chan sighs. "But I'm sure Y/N is trying so hard to wake up soon."

"Plus the doctor said that Y/N is starting to wake up," Changbin helps Chan out. "So we at least have good news to look forward to."

"Okay," Jeongin nods, looking down a bit.

The boys fall into a comfortable silence, some beginning to drift off to sleep already. Pretty quickly, everyone decides to go to sleep. Saying goodnight to their soulmates, each member of Stray Kids heads off to sleep.

In the morning, they are immediately back at the hospital. However, Y/N's friends were there to talk with Y/N, so they couldn't enter yet.

"Y/N!" Jace excitedly exclaims once he enters with the other members of the friend group. "We are back!"

"I know you missed us," Matt jokes quietly.

Jade sits down beside Y/N's bed, taking his/her/their hand. "So we heard from the doctor that you started to wake up."

"We are so happy about that," Sam finishes off. "However, we come baring bad news."

"David got let go," Jade states, anger seeping into her voice. "For a multitude of reasons apparently, they found him not guilty."

"We are so so so so so so sorry Y/N," Jace sighs. "We really tried our hardest to get him in jail with our testimonies. But none of us had an eye witness account of him hurting you."

"Anyways," Sam successfully changes the subject. "Lots of people are asking how you are doing at school. We've been telling them that you are improving, some are sending you little gifts, which are piled up in a corner in your room."

"I can't wait for you to see all the stuffed animals people have gotten you," Matt jokes. "You're gonna be in fluffy heaven."

"I think we have taken enough time away from you soulmates," Jace hums. "We will get going now. Classes start soon anyways."

The group say their goodbyes, then exit the room. They stop to talk to Stray Kids first before they leave the hospital.

"Hey we have some news we figure you would want to hear," Sam hums quietly.

Minho cocks his head to the side. "What's up?"

"David was found innocent in his trial," Jace answers, lowering his head a bit.

"How did that happen?" Jisung questions, angrily.

"No cameras caught him hurting Y/N," Jade begins. "And our accounts are not considered eye witness accounts because we only passed him as he walked away from Y/N, we didn't actually see him harm Y/N."

"His family is rich, so he got the best lawyer possible, which meant that he got free over a few things," Matt sighs. "Not to mention the fact the Y/N can't exactly testify."

"That's horrible," Hyunjin sighs. "Thank you for telling us though."

"Of course," Jade smiles softly. "However I would be careful."

"Why?" Chan questions.

"David may try to come here," Sam warns. "So just have someone paying attention. Like the hospital staff or something."

"Okay of course," Felix nods gratefully.

After that, the friend groups said goodbye to each other and Stray Kids entered the hospital room of their soulmate. Fear slightly evident in the back of their minds. However, they kept it light hearted as they spoke to their loved one.

---Sorry this is so late. I have an AP test coming up that I really need to ace. I promise I will try to stay on top of both of my books, but my chapters may just be out a little late.----