CHAPTER THIRTY

Seungmin: Y/N, are you awake?

I picked up my phone and looked down at the text. I take a moment to wipe the sleep from my eyes, then I responded.

Y/N: Yeah, I'm awake MinMin.

Seungmin: Good. Just as a warning, I'll be picking you up at 12 and don't bother making coffee, I'll bring you some.

Y/N: Okay! And thank you! Do I need to tell you what type of coffee I want?

Seungmin: Felix told me what kind of coffee you like, so you don't need to tell me.

Y/N: okay, I'll see you soon!

Sighing, I rip my covers off of me and pull myself up out of bed. Sluggishly, I head to my kitchen and pull out something to eat. Deciding on an apple, I eat it slowly. I have about and hour to get ready now, so I head back to my room to get ready. I have about five minutes after finishing when I hear a knock on my door.

"Hi Y/N!" Seungmin greets with a huge puppy looking smile as I open the door.

I give him a smile. "Good morning Seungmin."

"Oh, here's your coffee," Seungmin hands me the cup and I take it carefully.

"Thank you so much," I hum, giving him a short side hug. "I really needed coffee."

"Okay let's go!" He exclaimed and dragged me to the car, opening my door for me so I could get in.

I mumble a quiet thank you and get into the car, Seungmin shutting my door and rushing over to his side and getting in.

"Okay, so where are we going?" I ask once Seungmin pulls out of the parking lot.

He shakes his head, chuckling. "Not gonna say."

"Aw come on," I plead with puppy dog eyes. "Please MinMin."

"While I do like the nickname," Seungmin hums with a smirk. "It's still a no."

"Hmpf," I huff, sinking lower into my seat and crossing my arms.

Seungmin chuckles at my actions. "Come on baby, I promise you will like it. And I feel like you should know this doesn't work by now."

I sigh but nod my head, pushing my body back up into proper sitting position. It takes another ten minutes for us to reach where Seungmin stops.

"An escape room?" I wonder after we get out of the car.

Seungmin turns to me with worry on his face. "Is that okay?"

"It's totally okay," I assure him. "I love doing escape rooms!"

"Oh thank god," Seungmin mumbled under his breath, but I still heard it.

"Well, come on," I whine playfully and grab his hand, dragging him into the building.

We look through what we can do, then decide on a kidnapping escape room. It is supposed to take around three hours, which is a really long time for an escape room if you think about it. The person working there began explaining what would happen during it. Apparently, we get blindfolded and handcuffed, and our first mission is to get out of those.

We head back into the room with the worker, who placed us sitting down with our backs against each other. Our hands get cuffed and the worker puts our blindfolds on. They leave the room, and the story begins to play over the speaker. Once that is over, our time begins. Thinking quickly, I move the back of my head against Seungmin's and effectively rub my blindfold off. Seungmin catches on and does the same.

"Good idea."

"Thanks," I respond happily. "Now we need to find a key."

Seungmin and I look around the room, spotting a key on the table.

"We are going to have to stand up together," Seungmin mutters. "Ready?"

"Yep," I agree quickly.

We use each other as balance and stand up slowly. Once we are up, we walk carefully over to the key and pick it up, unlocking the handcuffs. We decide to try the key on the door lock too, but of course it doesn't fit.

We look around the room for the next thing we need to do, eventually landing on a letter. We read through it, getting the first clue we need which sends us looking around the room for a code and a lock box. I end up finding the lock box while Seungmin finds the code. We open the lock box to find a button, which we press on. Once we do, part of the wall swings open with a whole other room.

"Damn," I mutter in awe. "This place really goes all out."

"Yep," Seungmin agrees. "Now come on!"

He grabs my hand and drags me into the smaller room. We search through this room, going through clue after clue trying to escape. Eventually we reach the last clue, but it doesn't make sense at all.

"Okay, so we have to find a key to the door, but we have looked through all of the apartments and none of the keys open anything else or open the door," I mumble in confusion, my brow furrowing slightly.

Seungmin nods, also frowning ever so slightly. "It just says that it is where you started. Like what the hell?"

I look up at the clock on the wall and notice that we only have five minute left.

"We are running out of time."

Seungmin nods, then his face shoots you. "Wait, it said where you started right?"

"Um yeah," I nod slowly.

"Did we try the key to the handcuffs?"

I shake my head. "No, but we did when we first got out of them. It didn't work."

"Maybe it is because we weren't supposed to get out yet. We hadn't finished the other puzzles," Seungmin reasons.

I think, then nod. "It couldn't hurt to try."

"I'm gonna try it," Seungmin decides.

He goes up to the door with the handcuff key and slides it into the lock, turning it. The sound of the door unlocking rings through the room and the timer stops.

"I'm smart," Seungmin hums with a smug face. "I'm so smart."

I chuckle and come up to him, placing a quick peck onto his lips. "My smart puppy."

Seungmin's face begins to flush softly. "Your puppy?"

I nod. "Well, you are one of my soulmates. And I thought puppy fit you perfectly."

"O-okay," Seungmin stutters cutely.

Before I can comment any further, the employee comes in, congratulating us on escaping. We thank the worker and head out of the room, hands entwines with each other. We reach the car again and I chuckle.

"We just spent 3 hours escaping from a fake kidnapping. Like that was really long."

"Yeah, but I had fun," Seungmin responds with a smile.

"Yeah. I did too."

We both climb back into the car and head back towards my house. When we get there, I turn to Seungmin and place another peck on his lips. One of his hands moves to cup my cheek as we kiss softly. I pull back after a few seconds with a shy smile on my face.

"Goodbye my puppy."

"Goodbye my darling."

I get out of the car and wave to Seungmin before walking inside my house.

Who knew getting kidnapped was a good date idea?