CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

——I'm so so so so so sorry for this y'all. But it's been a long time coming——

"Hello?"

"Hello Y/N. We need to talk."

Fuck

"Why?"

"Are you really questioning me?"

"Uncle, you know what our relationship is like. I don't really enjoy our talks."

"Well, your aunt and I need to talk to you about something."

"So talk."

"Not on the phone. Meet us at the cafe near our house tomorrow at 1. And don't be late."

He hangs up before I can respond. I sigh and toss my phone across the room in anger. I just wanted to get away from them, but when does the universe ever do what I want.

I go get my phone from the ground, letting out a sound of relief when I see it isn't hurt. I move back and get back on my bed. Once again, it's too early to sleep, so I push myself off the bed for the second time and head into my kitchen. I bring along the little fox stuffed animal that Jeongin got me today and curl up in the chair at the bar area of my kitchen.

Sighing, I squeeze the stuffed animal and Jeongin's message plays. "Don't let this fox replace your favorite fox. I love you!"

I do not have a single bone in my body that wants to meet my aunt and uncle tomorrow. I have not seen them in forever, the last time I saw them I was living with them. The entire time I lived with them I was in a really dark place mentally and I've always worried that I would go back to that place if I met them.

Keeping the stuffed fox with me, I head to the couch and lay down, curling in on myself with the fox against my chest. My phone goes off and I sigh, shutting it off without looking at it. I set the phone on the table in front of my couch and curl back up. My eyes begin to flutter shut and darkness soon takes over me.

The next morning, I wake up to the sound of my doorbell. For a moment, I don't want to get it, worried it is my aunt and uncle. However, I force myself up and go to open the door, only to be greeted with my eight soulmates.

"Hi boys," I greet, slightly confused.

I allow them in and they head to the living room area, taking their seats along my furniture.

I walk over and sit between Jeongin and Minho. "What are you guys doing here?"

"I texted you last night after I got back and you didn't answer, so the other boys tried and you didn't answer. We got worried and came over here this morning," Jeongin explains quietly.

"Oh um, I turned my phone off," I uttered softly. "My uh, Aunt and Uncle contacted me and I guess I didn't handle it well."

Minho grabs my hand that is closest to him. "What did they call about?"

I sigh. "That's the thing, I don't know!"

"Did they say anything?" Chan questions.

"They said they wanted to meet me today at 1," I look up at the clock. "Which now gives me two hours to get ready  and get there if I want to go."

Jeongin takes my other hand that Minho isn't holding. "Are you going to go?"

I shrug. "I don't know. I told you how they treated me and honestly think my mental state may not be able to handle meeting them."

"We could go with you if you want," Hyunjin offers.

"Yeah, we could be your support," Jisung continues Hyunjin's thought.

"I don't know," I pause. "I'm not sure I want you guys anywhere near them."

"Y/N, please," Seungmin pleads.

"We promise we won't do anything bad," Felix continues.

"We just want to make sure you are safe," Changbin finishes.

I look at them and all of the boys immediately use puppy dog eyes.

"Ugh Fine." I finally give in.

All the boys let smiles take up their faces.

"Okay, I have to go get ready. Feel free to look around," I commented, getting up and heading to my room to get ready.

I walk to my closet and grab clothes, heading into my bathroom to change. I made sure my shirt completely showed the soulmate tattoo on my neck. I brush my hair and my teeth, then grab my bag and head back to the living room.

"Are you all ready to go?"

The boys nod so I get up and lead them out of the door. I take my car, and the boys follow me in theirs. It's takes a little while to get to the cafe, so I take that time to think.

I swear to god, why the hell do they want to see me?

Is this another "you are damned" talk?

Why did they even have to contact me again?

I just started to be truly happy again, why are they trying to ruin it?

But wait, it could be a good thing. They could have figured out how much of a piece of shit they acted like back then.

Try to not to get your hopes up, Y/N.

I reach the cafe and pulled into the parking lot, the boys doing the same. As soon as I got out of the car, Hyunjin ran up to me and grabbed my hand. I smile in gratitude and squeezed his hand softly, my nerves finally started to fully show through.

We walk inside and I don't see my aunt and uncle yet, so we find a large booth and take a seat. We order some coffee and wait for my aunt and uncle to enter. In about ten minutes, they do.

Their dark and judgmental demeanor covers my brain in a layer of terrifying fog, causing me to squeeze Hyunjin's hand tighter. My posture straightens to seem unafraid, but I am cowering on the inside. My stomach is in knots and my hands are shaking, but they don't see that. Hyunjin notices my hands because he is holding one and gives me a look of concern.

    "Hello Y/N," my uncle announces as he and my aunt sit down. "Who are these...boys?"

    "Aunt, Uncle," I greet with a curt nod. "Hello. And these boys are my soulmates."

     My aunt raises her eyebrows. "Soulmates?

    I sigh. "Oh right, I always forget that you block out the fact that I have more than one soulmate."

"Don't use your sarcasm on me," Uncle warns.

"What did you want?" I ask annoyed, effectively changing the subject.

My aunt perks up. "Oh right, I'm sure you will love this."

"We want you to get married."