V.

"Come, mortal. We shall bring you to the Facility." The second one said, still looking to the side. I froze, heart beating slightly faster. I lowered the sword in my hand, eventually feeling the blade's tip brush the floor. The second being leaned on the staff he held. To distract myself from the two, I focused on the weapon.

It was made of a simple and thin dark oak wood, slightly curving at the top. There was a magenta gem embedded in the wood, glowing ever so slightly. It gave off a comfortable energy, making me want to relax more. Lighter colored swirls and carvings in the staff designed it, making it look pleasing to the eye and yet dangerous. The first one had a staff very similar. The colors were very similar, but his was lighter by just a shade or so. The gem in his was emerald green, but seemed to radiate darker and more powerful energy.

"If you do not comply with us, we will force you. There is no way to escape this." The first said, snapping me out of my thoughts. He shuffled in his heavy dark purple and black robes, looking down his nose at me. Under the dark hood, his lips curved into a sneer. It was at this point I realized how tall the two were. I was easily half their height. Though, the first being was a head taller than the second.

I shrunk back at the sneer, wanting to curl into a ball and hide. My shoulders tensed up so much that the felt of my red sweater brushed my ears. I stepped backwards, leaning against the counter. The first frowned, lips visible from under his hood. His fingers curled around his staff once more, but this time more delicately. He moved the staff behind his back, allowing more mobility.

"We will explain what you are going to do, what is going to happen, and answer your questions. Most of them." He added. He then leaned forward just a little. "Don't ask the wrong questions. Choose your words wisely around everyone else." He hissed, threatening me. I flinched, closing my eyes and turning to the side. I squeezed my grey jeans tight, wrinkling the fabric.

"Stop it." The second one mumbled to the first. "Scaring isn't always the right way to do things." The second shifted his weight, moving the stick he wielded to the other side.

"But it works every time." The first one grumbled in response. The second scoffed, crossing his arms around his staff and turning to the side. The first one started to approach me, clipping the staff they held on their back. Out of fear, I dropped the sword. It fell to the wooden floors with a clatter.

I looked up to him as he stepped closer. In the shadows of the hood, I saw a faint glow where his eyes should be. It was emitting a white and purple glow, barely visible.

He reached out and grabbed my arm in a grasp as hard as steel. I tried to pull away, but he wouldn't move. He gave me a glare. I immediately stopped moving. The way his lips were curved downwards and the slight glow of his eyes terrified me. It was a perfect combination to make people listen to you. I wonder how often he does it.

Without any previous warning, a wave of dizziness hit me like a stone brick. I vaguely notice I stumble forward and into the being's hands.

It all went black as I heard a scoff from the first being, as if he were disappointed.