VII.

"Grian." The second Watcher from my house said, snapping me out of my thoughts. "You are to go to the apprentice quarters and settle there. Everything you will need shall be there." He said, gesturing to the doors. I squinted towards them, seeing little scrawl on a sign hanging in the hall. "Aquinnteral, lead him to his quarters and tell him the basic things he needs to know." Another Watcher nodded, standing up. I hesitantly followed him, uncomfortable with the amount of eyes following me.

I released a breath as I walked out of the room, closely trailing the Watcher. We twisted and turned through the halls. Our footsteps softly sounded in the Facility, rhythmic patterns filling the silence. I looked at the walls, watching it change every five blocks. Endstone. Window. Endstone. Window.

At one point, the other Watcher whose name was supposedly Aquinnteral, pushed open a door. It led outside to a courtyard type of area. I felt the air change. It was thicker than Overworld air, making me put a little more effort in breathing.

I looked into the distance that was the void. Swirly purple in the End, black in the Overworld, and red-black in the Nether. If, in the End, it was stared at for long, it started to mess with your head.

I kept my eyes on the floor, not wanting to get a headache.

Aquinnteral pushed another door open, leading me back through another set of halls. By this point, we have been walking for about ten minutes. My feet had started to hurt, making me deal with a dull ache on the bottom of my feet.

It's been probably two minutes after complaining about my feet.

Every moment before this had been in silence (bar the footsteps). And I don't like silence.

I like hearing the sound of blocks being placed on top of each other. I like hearing rockets fire as players fly by. I like the sound of pistons extending and retracting. I like when droppers and dispensers click, thrusting the object out.

But we aren't in that server anymore, aren't we?

We turned through more halls, and finally up one flight of stairs. Aquinnteral and I eventually got to a door labeled 'Apprentice Quarters' in fancy cursive. He turned to me, arms crossed.

"Now, I was supposed to tell you some things." He said, rolling his eyes. "I decided to wait until now so I don't have to waste energy trying to talk and walk." I blinked, surprised. I didn't expect him to be this straightforward. I stayed silent, not wanting to interrupt him.

"First of all, just call me Quinn outside of classes. My full name is stupid." He said. "Do not worry, the walk to your quarters and the other rooms will not take that long, as there is a different way. Once you get accustomed to the Facility, we will show you." Said Quinn.

"I'm supposed to give you a name. We call them Watcher Names. They are never and will never be the same. Similar, maybe, but not the same." He leaned against the wall, a blank expression donning his face.

"So I have to use it? Why can't I just use my normal name?" I asked. I don't think anyone's name is grain misspelled. He shrugged in response.

"I don't know. I use my Watcher Name because I've forgotten my first name. Everyone who's a professor has forgotten." I raise an eyebrow. For some reason, I don't believe him. Quinn sighed, shaking his head.

"You can ask anyone here, though I won't guarantee a nice response. Here, if you use anything other than your Watcher Name, you will get punished." He continued, fixing me with a hard look. His voice changed at the end, sounding more threatening. I gulped, looking away. He pushed his blond hair out of his face, only for it to fall back again.