XVIII.

(why did i title these chapters in roman numerals)

It was overwhelming to watch about twenty people flood out of the portal at the same time. The chaotic behavior that they carried with them made it more terrifying than it already was.

I wiped the dirt off my shirt, observing the players. There were so many different types of people. I had gotten so used to just human-like players that I forgot about the other bizarre skins.

I tensed when an extremely tall creeper-robot hybrid stepped out the portal with a sneer on his face. My goodness, he was intimidating, especially with his robotic eye flashing red and arm buzzing every time he moved it. What made it worse was the ripped lab coat he wore.

I was slightly scared of him because we used many mobs for training, creepers more than the others. The sound produced by his arm also sounded like the automatic doors in the Facility.

Mumbo noticed the change in my posture. My shoulders were higher up than they were earlier. He looked over to where I was, frowning.

"He won't hurt you. Intimidating, yes, but purposely hurt you? No." Mumbo tried to reassure me. I wasn't buying it. I looked over to the admin for his reaction at his group. Xisuma sighed at the chaotic energy that buzzed around.

Some of the Hermits glanced at me, smiling slightly and waving. I returned the waves with a shy one. Looking down at my feet, I brushed the grass with the bottom of my foot.

"Hey, quiet down. I know it's a new season, but we still have to do the seasonal introduction to this one." Xisuma called out over everyone. It eventually quieted down. I chuckled to myself. It was like a class of sixth graders quieting down.

"Welcome, everyone, to Hermitcraft Season Six. As you have probably noticed, we have a new member. This is Grian, and he'll be joining us this season." I smiled as everyone looked at me. "This will work out just like last time. The districts are on the map you got before you arrived." Xisuma had given me one after I got up from my trip. "That's... that's about it. Again, welcome back everyone."

"Be warned, we are a big, psychotic, dysfunctional family, so don't expect normal around here!" Someone from the back yelled, causing the group to break into laughter. A grin graced my face, amused at the comment.

A psychotic, dysfunctional family?

I think I like this group more than I already do.