VI.

(A/N: there will be quite a few OCs, but they're just to fill in the role other Hermits can't fill. Of course, I will not focus on the OCs. I will do my best to focus on just Grian.)

When I came to, my vision was blurry. However, despite my lack of proper vision, I could tell we were not in the server I had called home for eight years. I felt a hard surface underneath my side. Apparently I was on the floor, laying on my right side. I heard mutters of people, though I paid no attention.

The amount of magic present in this place overwhelmed my senses, causing me to close my eyes again. I was getting dizzy from it.

The only reason I decided to not fall unconscious again was because my sensitive hearing picked up familiar and unfamiliar voices. Thankfully, they were speaking in English (though I did hear some side conversations in... Galactic...?).

"He was up." One said. His voice sounded gentle, yet might be able to scare and easily intimidate you.

"Not anymore." It was the first being from my house.

"Still, he was. Record time, if he wakes." This time, it was a female. She sounded irritated, as if she was annoyed with the other two.

"If he fell back unconscious, it does not count." The first being insisted. I heard shuffling of robes. Maybe they crossed their arms.

"That doesn't make sense, but alright." I recognized this voice. It was the second being that came to my house.

"He better wake up, I swear the other record holder doesn't shut up." Another one said. The sneer was obvious in his voice. One other person huffed, shaking their head. I could hear their hair shake with their head.

"Okay, alright, I'm up." I groaned, slowly propping myself up on my elbows. They turned to me, surprise evident. None of them had their hoods on, or even their robes, which equally surprised me. Every one of them were sitting on the floor, as if there weren't enough chairs.

I had little time to observe the room. However, what I did see were the dark purple curtains slightly parted, revealing the magenta windows. Outside was the telltale void of the end. I looked at the floor, noticing the yellow end bricks all over the place. The purpur blocks were pillars, holding the roof up.

The inside was decorated with beds, paintings, and a few plants from the Overworld. Nothing too fancy, and in my opinion, could be added to.

"Grian. How nice of you to join us." The first one from my house said. I only recognized him because of his voice. Now seeing him without the mysterious robes, I can't decide if I want to be scared or not. He is less intimidating without the shadow on his face and the bark robes he wore.

His stunning dark blue eyes (maybe almost purple) pierced mine, slightly covered by the black hair that just fell over his eyes. The roots of his hair were brown, darkening to black at the tips. He had an unhealed scar over his eye, which caused it to not open as much as the other one.

"Do not be so mean, Yavin. It's his first time here. He probably doesn't know who we are." A female scolded. Yavin, which was apparently his name, scowled and looked to the side, crossing his arms.

"Introductions." Another one snapped.

"Fine. Grian... whatever your last name is if you have one, welcome to the Watcher Facility. For the next couple years, probably six or something, you'll learn how to become a proper Watcher and eventually help watch over certain servers. There is always at least one Watcher in each server, as someone has to keep the mortals- ow, I mean, players under control." The first Watcher from the server rattled off as if it were rehearsed and yet didn't care. Rubbing the side where he was elbowed, he glared at the Watcher next to him. She smugly smiled. I fully sat up instead of being on my elbows.

Watcher... that name seemed familiar. I think I've heard of them before.

"... could any normal player learn Watcher magic?" I asked, sensing the magic in this place. Every present Watcher shook their head.

"Then why am I here?"

"Tell me this, boy, do you feel magic here? Do you sense it, maybe a little overwhelming at the moment?" An older Watcher said, not looking up from his book. I stared at him for a moment, taking notice of his dirty blond and almost grey hair that just fell on his forehead. Wrinkles creased his face as his expression changed.

"Yes, sir." A smirk appeared on his face, before fading back into the emotionless mask all of the Watchers had.

"Then yes, you are a Watcher. Only by blood, can you become a Watcher." I sat there, stunned.

"Yes, you heard him right. Blood. One of your parents was a Watcher before you." The second Watcher from my house said. I looked towards him. His short and messy black hair stuck up in all directions, but somehow managed to stay neat-looking. His emerald eyes were looking into his lap, and he was picking at the hem of his jeans.

"All we had to do was pick you up from wherever you were." Some other Watcher called from across the room.

"Also," Another Watcher started, not letting me say anything. "You have just broken the record time for waking up. It used to be five minutes and forty-three seconds. You woke in two minutes and thirty-one seconds. It's very hard to break this record, as this measures how much... magic you have."

"... is waking up earlier a bad thing?" I question. The same Watcher shook his head.

"No, it means that your magic is more powerful than anyone else's. Your magic, by itself, fought off the magic we use to test you faster than normal." He then fixed me with a hard look. "We are going to teach you how to control it. If you woke up that fast, you probably have the power to blow the Facility up." He finished, sitting back against a table leg. After I digested their information, we sat in relative silence. I guess I was so distracted with the Watcher, I didn't notice the other people laying on the floor next to me. Very observant, Grian.

They all looked around my age, eighteen. Some looked older, some looked younger. I noticed how we all looked normal for Minecraft players. All of us were human, or something that resembled a human. Everyone's hair was a normal shade, not some odd neon color. If they were female, their hair was longer, and if they were male, their hair was shorter.

Was that on purpose? The Watchers said that you could only have Watcher blood to be here. Is it a coincidence that everyone here looks normal?

For some odd reason, I have a slight bad feeling about what might happen in the next few years, if they plan to keep me.