VIII.

Zachariah and I shared a look, before we both went to the door. I reached for the knob, hand hovering over it. I looked over my shoulder at the taller kid, meeting his ebony colored eyes.

"I sense a dangerous amount of magic out there." I warned. Zachariah nodded, albeit unsure. He brushed the black hair out of his face again, sighing to himself in annoyance. I guess he doesn't like his hair that much.

"How? I mean, I sense it, but it was while you said that." Zachariah questioned, leaning against the door's wall. I shrugged in response, glancing at the door again.

"I have a tendency to pick up magic faster, I guess." New voices grew louder by the second, yelling over each other.

"Great. A fight just as we arrived. We've been here for less than thirty minutes, and there's already violence." Zachariah sighed, shaking his head. I chuckled, setting my hand on the doorknob. From under the door, a flash of white covered our shoes for only a millisecond. I pulled the door open, observing the scene.

I choked, turning to the side and coughing. Zachariah hit my back many times, an attempt to help me. As I recovered, I fell into a laughing fit. Zachariah peaked out the door to see what was so funny. He covered his mouth. A giggle escaped his lips, causing me to laugh even harder.

Other people were peaking out their doors, also amused. It's not just us, I realized. Two people making a fool of themselves in front of the entire group. They were on top of each other. From our angle, it didn't look family-friendly. However, the two on the floor clearly weren't doing what it looks like.

Both were flushed red, but didn't care. They were screaming insults to each other, trying to hurt the other. The one with their back on the floor looked terrified, and the one on top had some obvious anger issues.

Some parts of the wall had crumbled like dust from uncontrolled magic. One of the lights in the ceiling had shattered, and there were end rod pieces on the floor. I shook my head to myself. So these were the type of people I would be stuck with for the next few years.

"I could easily destroy you in a duel." The one on top hissed, slapping the other across the other's face. A red handprint quickly appeared against his pale skin, making him wince. He sneered at the idiot and pushed him off. Their hands glowed white and weakly burned against the other's skin. The idiot, which was a fitting name, dramatically gasped as if he was on some theater set.

"How dare you?" He exclaimed, throwing his hands up with another gasp. "You've injured me!" He tried to use his magic to hurt the more timid person, but missed horribly. I moved my head aside, avoiding the ping of magic that would have hit me. I blankly stared at him, but he ignored me.

"With that attitude and amount of anger issues, I'm not surprised you missed the target that was standing right in front of you." The one who was on the floor monotoned. He quickly scrambled to his feet, backing away from the idiot. The idiot also got up and growled, reaching his hand back for another slap.

"What is going on here?" Quinn roared, causing the two to freeze. He had burst through the doors, since they were just closing. The silence in the room was deafening, and the tension was almost cuttable with a knife.

"Nothing." The stuck up one, said, sneering at Quinn. "Go away, we were dealing with a personal issue, which is none of your concern."

"Do you not know who I am?" Quinn said, glaring at the idiot. The idiot crossed their arms and looked to the side with their nose in the air.

"I do not care. You don't compare to me." He said. Quinn blinked at the stupidity of the guy, eyes narrowing and filled with anger. I shared a look with Zachariah. He seemed to know what Quinn was, though he was in normal clothing. Maybe it's the way Quinn stood, or the way he spoke, but whatever it was, it's quite obvious.

Well, not to the idiot in the center of the room, I guess.

Quinn menacingly stepped forward, making everyone present in the room shrink back in fear. His eyes flashed white, before dimming to an emerald green glow (his normal eye color) where his irises are. The lights flickered and dimmed, making Quinn's eyes the brightest source of light in the room. The dark clothing he wore only made him intimidating. I observed in amazement as pure magic flowed through his eyes and voice.

"Do not compare to you? You fail to recognize who you're speaking to. A member of the Predominant Council." Quinn hissed, glaring down at the idiot. My eyebrow twitched in surprise. I didn't know that fact, but I knew he was powerful. The Predominant Council are the people who run this place, according to that book.

Quinn grabbed the scruff of the idiot's shirt, pulling him off the ground. Terror filled the idiot's mud-colored eyes. The Watcher glared, eyes boring into the idiot's soul.

"Do not underestimate me, Lynnthuic." Quinn dropped him, stepping back. Lynnthuic landed in a heap on the floor. His hair fell over his eyes, and he didn't move it. He was clearly embarrassed. I looked at Zachariah, who snuck back into our room. He closed the door with a soft click. I heard muffled mad laughter from behind the door.

"Now, do not cause any more trouble. Just because you're here by blood, doesn't mean you are better than everyone else here. Just because you can use magic, doesn't mean you can do it properly." Lectured Quinn, glaring at Lynnthiuc. The idiot (which I still believe is a fitting name), sneered and looked to the side. He flushed red, embarrassed at the situation.

Quinn stepped back as the lights brightened. The glow in his eyes disappeared. He turned his head in my direction, giving a slight wave. I returned it with a wave of mine.

"Hey Xelqua." Quinn nodded, before turning and disappearing through the doors with a smirk. Lynnthiuc snapped his head towards me, giving me a glare. It didn't compare to Quinn's or Yavin's glare. I almost laughed at his pitiful attempt. I pressed my lips together, turning away to hide the clear amusement. Before Lynnthuic could explode, someone whacked the back of his head.

"Great going Lynnthuic, you just pissed off one of our teachers." They complained, wrinkling his nose. Taking the opportunity to escape, I slipped back into the room as discreetly as possible, locking the door behind me. I didn't need to deal with the fools outside right now.