XXIV.

I growled, narrowing my eyes and flashing my aura for a brief moment. False and the shadow covered their eyes. I cleared my face of any emotion, hiding the great amount of fear.

"Nope nope nope, I am absolutely not going back." I said in a firm voice. False knelt next to me with a concerned expression, holding a healing potion. I quickly drank it, pain gradually lessening.

"You have no choice." They said. False flicked her hand and a shot of magic flew towards them. It hit them in the arm, making them hiss and grasp the wound.

"You'll have to kidnap me, Watcher. And I will not go without a fight." I said, staggering to my feet. I reached up, plucking a golden hammer-like object out of thin air. It was some of my golden magic in solid form. It was heavy and was difficult to hold up.

I leveled it with the figure as they aimed their palm at me. Before they could harm me again, I released several lightning-like strikes at them. It engulfed them, a scream ripping from their throat.

"The ban hammer..." False whispered. "That's only a myth." I chuckled to myself. Wait until she hears about spectator mode.

The figure looked back up, snarling in pain.

"I will be back, Xelqua." They turned to False, snarling. "Stay out of it, Selafyel. You don't know who you're dealing with." They disappeared with another pained scream. I grabbed the obsidian sword and tucked it into my inventory. I swiftly shoved the hammer near the sword, running to my poor attempt of a storage system. False closely followed me.

"Screw the rules, we have to tell someone." I grumble, gathering some extra items. False scoffed.

"Now you realize that?" She asked, tilting her head as if it were that obvious.

"Oh, no, I realized that earlier, I just didn't want to endanger everyone else. Well, it seems like we can throw that thought out the window since the Watchers are already after us." I say, taking a few extra daggers and sliding them in hidden places. "You got weapons?" False nodded, hand moving to her sleeve. I could only assume there was another weapon there.

"We have to go now." She said, anxiously looking into the sky. I quickly took out my communicator, checking who was online. The only names that showed up were Xisuma and Impulse. Impulse was AFK.

Without a word, I rocketed into the sky, elytra opening behind me. False closely followed behind me. I turned in the direction of Xisuma's base, scanning the area for potential threats. When there were none, I sighed in relief.

I wanted to forget about all these Watcher problems. I wanted to focus on flying, though I already do it a lot. I loved flying. I loved every single moment of it. The wind ruffling my hair, the whistle of air in my ears, the feeling of butterflies in my stomach when I dove, my sweater slowly fluttering with the air that rushes past... I wish this could be my life.

The ocean below us was vast and dark. It was welcoming though, as if it wanted us to dive down and explore the depths with the sea life. I would've liked to, however, we are on a time limit.

I glanced up towards False, who was many blocks above me. Both of us were wasting rockets, firing extra ones that were not needed. She threw me a worried look, brushing her yellow hair out of her face. Sometime during flying, she had taken an enchanted diamond sword and strapped it onto her back.

Xisuma's base eventually came into view. The prismarine stricture looked fitting in the ocean water. The dark blocks nicely complimented the dark ocean water. The spikes of the structure were mesmerizing to look at, it was built so aesthetically.

I heard False scream in pain behind me. She fell past me, struggling to reactivate her elytra.

Before I could turn to help, I was knocked out of the air, a startled yelp escaping my lips. I was kicked between my shoulder blades, which had also knocked the wind out of me. I rolled around mid-air, glaring at what attacked me. As I fell, the elytra's soft wings curved around my body. I sneered at the attacker, the pain in my back increasing since they kicked me with the heel of their combat boot.

It was another Watcher who had a smug grin on their face.

That's not what scared me, as I know I can easily defeat them in a duel of any kind.

I was scared of what caused False and I to go to Xisuma.

The Watcher held another mask, similar to the one False destroyed.

(it's shorter because there is more happening later and honestly im kinda lazy and tired. but *inhale* i dont want to work on the other stories because i dont really like themmmm. Also, the reason i picked False is because not many Watcher stories show the female Hermits as a Watcher. I thought it'd be different if I did, making this story more unique as it is. *cough* the weird names *cough*)