XXI.

(i am speed)

(no i didnt just wake up at 11am and say 'huh i wanna type three maybe four chapters today'. nah, this is what pure inspiration looks like after waking up at 12pm)

The base, which had taken many months to complete, was finally finished. I decided to build a few shelves for the books that I had. Watcher books, enchanting books, and books in general would go there. For dual-purposes, I plopped an enchanting table in the middle. I also seem to have lighting problems, making my base a huge mob farm.

In the Facility, I had grabbed at least two books in all subjects, even redstone and building. That leaves me with two books from healing, PvP, combat (they're different), range, commands, blacksmithing, and many other topics.

I hated PvP, combat, and range with a burning passion because it's what we focused on the most. We were forced to practice with each other, leaning many of us with permanent scars and injuries. Thankfully, I only had scars and didn't lose an ear or some body part. Zachariah- EX- Ezra... whatever name he goes by now, got two intersecting scars that formed an X on his neck. It was from a trident. One of the edge prongs caught his neck as he was leaning away. The person wielding the trident didn't have self control, and attacked again. The next few days for EX were spent in the infirmary with the medical staff trying to keep him alive. Using some magic, they somehow kept him living. However, his voice was always more scratchy and it pained him to speak.

EX absolutely despises talking about it, so I never bring it up. In the Facility, he was able to hide the injury with his robe. Without it, he can't. To this day, those two ugly scars stood out against his tanned skin.

I slipped a medical book back in a random place. I also couldn't stand organization. The Watchers were a different type of organization crazy.

Deciding to be productive and build something today, I shot through the layers of the giant futuristic blender using the powerful wings that were given to me. When no one was online, I practiced with them, doing complicated maneuvers and learning weird tricks. An example is if I tilt the tips of the end feathers in a certain way, I can turn more precisely and quicker.

I eventually managed to use that knowledge with my wings to build some hidden mechanics in my elytra.

Heading towards the ever-growing Shopping District with the wings tucked into my back, I landed in the center part, paved grass blocks showing where to go. The elytra wings folded together as I landed. I walked around the district, seeing if there are any blocks I need that I don't already have.

I waved towards Tango, who waved back with his bright red eyes flashing happily. They scared the crud out of me, especially if he's glaring.

Hearing voices around the corner, I decided to investigate. I squatted behind the wall, hidden in the grass. I silently crept closer to the end of the wall, trying to hear better. I didn't get too close, however, as I didn't want to be discovered.

"Joe, are you sure? One-hundred percent sure?" Xisuma's voice urgently asked. An audible sigh reached my ears.

"Yes, Xisuma." Joe replied. I stopped in my tracks. His voice was hushed, making me believe I wasn't supposed to listen. Too late, however, they already caught my attention.

"But-"

"Xisuma, you have to understand. Just because I studied Minecraft lore doesn't mean I know every secret Minecraft holds. Yes, though I may have a certain way with my words and might know things I probably shouldn't, I really don't have an answer for you. I'm just as clueless."

"There's got to be an explanation somewhere." Xisuma sounded stressed, as if he's been searching for an answer for a long time. I uncomfortably shifted where I squated, leaning against the wall.

"And there probably is, we just can't find it." Joe said. "What if he just doesn't want to mention it? What if he wants to keep it private? You have to respect that everyone has their own secrets."

"It's hard not to! I've been searching for months!" Xisuma stressed the last word. "It's unlike anything I've seen before, it intrigues me!"

"And I'm sure it does, as you would never come to me with this type of situation. Didn't you learn this when you became an admin?" Joe asked. I pulled a blade of grass out of the ground, playing around with it.

"No." Xisuma shortly replied.

"Then why would I learn it?"

"Tennessee is notorious for teaching topics not exactly legal in Minecraft." Xisuma straightforwardly responded. Joe chuckled. I could almost hear the grin spreading on his face.

"That is absolutely true, Xisuma. But no, they taught nothing of that kind, if what you're saying is true. Remind me again?" Joe said.

"He has a certain type of aura I can't really place my finger on. It's barely noticeable, but it's strong. Even you might be able to feel it. It feels so powerful, you'd have to be extremely well trained and powerful in general to keep it under control, let alone make it almost non-existent." I narrowed my eyes suspiciously. I'm almost one-hundred percent sure they were talking about me, unless someone else here is magical. Joe whistled at Xisuma's explanation.

"Extraordinary. Absolutely extraordinary." He whispered. "That should not be physically or logically possible." Footsteps walked around shortly stopping.

"Try it someday, you'll be surprised speechless." Xisuma said.

"Well, I'd love to, but I'm not going to just stand next to him without reason." Joe said.

"Anyway, thanks for trying to help me. I hope he tells us soon." Xisuma thanked him. I heard the sound of an elytra shuffling.

"Me too, Xisuma, and you're welcome. This would be a groundbreaking discovery, should you find out." Joe said.

"Yeah. There's more than meets the eye when it comes to Grian, isn't there?" Xisuma chuckled. I silently dashed out of there before either could catch me. I was tempted to use my wings as it was faster, but that risks my exposure. I swiftly flew towards my base, using way too many rockets. I landed in my library section, ripping a Watcher book off my shelf.

I flipped it open to the needed page. How to Hide Auras. Not that I haven't already been doing so, but if I didn't control it and just let it show, it would be a blinding golden color.

Oh Xisuma, you have no idea the amount of secrets I have. You have no idea how bad I want to tell you.

But these God-forsaken Watchers prevent me from doing so.