XXXVII.

(what if the Grians in the Grian focused books of mine met?
oh wow i just realized they both have a large scar across their face. good job, Quill.
Also, keep an eye out for another Watcher story after this one is finished, this time they might actually the good people.)

(Gonna be 100% honest with you, I had no idea how to do this. Sorry for the shorter and bad chapter.)

"People hold grudges, so they decided to take it out on the person they had a grudge against, which was me." I said, taking a healing potion out and drinking it. I sheathed my sword and tucked my wings into my back.

"What happened that made him want to... kill you?" Mumbo asked, concern etched on his face. I half-smiled at him

"I'm... quite high on his hit list, I guess." I shrugged. Looking down at myself, my sweater was still bloody, and my jeans still ripped. I probably looked dead on my feet.

"That's true, he hates you the most," EX chimed in after me, idly holding his own half full bottle of healing potion.

"He hated everyone... everyone hated me."

"What about him? Why did he suddenly have a change of heart?" Cub said, waving his sword towards Quinn.

"He's an instructor who helped my escape when I wasn't supposed to."

"You're welcome," he muttered, picking at a blade of grass.

"Thank you," I said. "You can trust these two, they won't do anything that'll harm you."

"I still don't trust Evil X," Iskall said, hand hovering near his weapon. The Hermits from the previous seasons nodded, albeit unsure. Ezra shrugged, sipping the potion again. The glowing purple cracks slowly receded until they disappeared completely, leaving only faint lines that covered the side of his face.

"Then don't. Frankly, I don't care. Just don't ban me to the void again, please. It hurts." He brought his hands up and tied his loose hair into a tight ponytail with a random strip of leather.

"Going back to what we were talking about earlier, what's all this supposed to mean? Why does this matter?"

"They're going to keep going after me, the world's going to end, and we're all going to die," I said.

"No- Xelqua, stop saying that," Quinn exasperated.

"I have never said that!" Mumbo gave me a dead look but said nothing. Apparently he remembers how often I said that.

"Recall all those times you said we were going to die." EX arched an eyebrow my way. I turned to him.

"Admit it, the only reason we're alive is because of the healers constantly healing us when people can't control their magic."

"Any questions before something bad happens?" Quinn interrupted, running a hand through his sweaty hair. Looking closer, he seemed extremely exhausted. He had lines and dark bags under his eyes

"How could we not know about your type of people?" Joe asked. "Someone must have slipped or been suspicious."

"The suspicious part is taken care of by the fact that everyone looks normal. The slipping part is prevented by fear."

"That's why you made me dye my hair and wear black contacts, isn't it?' EX asked, realization on his face. Quinn wordlessly nodded.

"Who gave you that scar on your cheek? It looks bad..." Stress asked, concern evident in her voice even though the man had almost killed a few members. Quinn paused, before both he and EX turned to me and stared. I scoffed, crossing my arms.

"Sorry," I said, unapologetically. The other Hermits gaped at me while Quinn only raised an eyebrow in response. "At least I didn't... I don't know, knock you into hardcore and accidentally kill you." Joe's head snapped towards, eyes boring straight into mine. They were calculating and wide, unlike his calm demeanor earlier.

"H-hardcore?" Joe said, eyes wide and jaw dropped. "But... I thought it was a myth!"

"No, spectator mode is a myth. Anyone can get to hardcore if you tried or really mess up the code," Xisuma said, quietly observing on the side. His eyes occasionally traveled to his brother, but when EX looked his way, Xisuma averted his gaze.

EX suddenly turned around, throwing a sloppy punch in seemingly thin air. It wasn't however, and an invisible form grunted and hissed in pain. Zach shook his hand, frowning at the flattened grass that was footprints.

Lynnthuic's magic signature stumbled back. I groaned in annoyance and dragged my hands down my face. Zachariah took out a bucket of milk and dumped it over where the grass flattened. The Hermits moved away as Lynnthuic appeared, nose bleeding from the punch.

I slipped the sword out of my inventory and held it towards Lynnthuic. Zachariah growled at our former classmate, hands glowing with purple magic. Quinn calmly sat in the same place on the ground. The Hermits were on edge, but didn't do anything because they knew they stood almost no chance against magic.

"Quinn, how could you?" Lynnthuic whispered, looking towards the instructor. At this point I'm starting to believe that he has forgotten how to speak English.

"I've been trying to stop this for ages," Quinn said. I stepped forwards with a tight grasp on the sword.

"We can do this the easy way, or the hard way." I held the blade to his throat. Lynnthuic sneered, staying silent. My other hand hovered near the ban hammer that was hidden in a pocket. "Voluntarily get out of the server, or this will get worse."

"Not like you can do anything, Xelqua," he said. A smirk tugged at my lips as I slowly pulled the golden hammer out. His eyes widened as he saw it.

"We'll see about that."

(Ahhh so much dialogue and no pacing)