XIV.

The incident and what I did to Lynnthuic spread like a wildfire. Lynnthuic's group didn't bother Zach or I anymore. Other classmates either avoided me like the plague, or tried to become close. The latter wasn't because they finally came to their senses. It was because they were scared. They feared me. They were scared that I would hurt them or something. Hence the reason I didn't let many other people that close.

I decided to explore late at night again because I couldn't sleep. I was walking through the halls late at night. The occasional redstone clock ticked, just hitting 11pm. The long corridors were silent, lights dim. They casted an eerie shadow on any object it could touch. I shook my head and kept walking, bored out of my mind.

A door shimmered into existence. I double backed, not believing my eyes. In the six years I've been here, that has never been there. Never. I approached the room, hesitantly reaching for the knob. When nothing happened, I pushed the door open, making sure no one was around.

"What on Earth..." I muttered. I looked around the dark room, raising an eyebrow in confusion. Computer and TV screens covered the left wall, flashing all sorts of colors. The screens were the only light sources in the room. It was hard to look at since they were so bright against the dark room.

The wires that connected all the technology was a tangled mess that looked like someone gave up with trying to untie it. There were control desks in the center. On the right wall was a chalkboard that had many papers clipped to it, and complex drawings. I closed the door with a soft click, stepping into the room. I slowly approached one of the screens, squinting. On it was a list typed in Galactic. The more I read, the more the confusion grew.

Generation LXXVII

Year One
Year Two
Year Three
Year Four
Year Five
>Year Six <

{Daymien- Lynnthuic}
Age: 23 years
Magic Level: 5
Assigned Server: Mineplex
Trust: 100%

{Ezra Xanthusvoid- Zachariah}
Age: 22 years
Magic Level: 7
Assigned Server: PrimeMC
Trust:79%

{Grian- Xelqua}
Age: 24 years
Magic Level: 14 [WARNING: EXCEEDS SAFE LIMIT. MAGIC LEVEL TOO HIGH]
Assigned Server: Evolution
Trust: 83%

{Xavier- Zevior}
Age: 20 years
Magic Level: 6
Assigned Server: Skyblock
Trust: 98%
...

The list went on until it listed all thirty-eight of us. My eyes instantly went to the red letters that flashed near my magic level. Too high? How can a level of magic be too high? And why is mine the highest one there?

My eyes traveled to the trust percentage that was on each of the player's statistics. Everyone's percent was over ninety, except Zach's and mine.

Speaking of Zach, his real name was there.

Ezra Xanthusvoid. So that's where the letters EX come from.

I looked at my trust number again. It was rapidly decreasing. It stopped at 43%. If I don't change it, someone will know I found something. What do I do-

I pressed the backspace key and typed in what it was earlier.

Why did it work?

My heart calmed a little, though the panic caused by this room as a whole was still there.

My mind was running at a million miles per hour. I looked towards another screen as if that would solve my problems. It didn't. Every other screen was almost the same, except it was for different generations.

And not in one I saw a magic level exceeding the limit, whatever the limit is.

I wandered over to the chalkboard, trying to make no noise. I was most definitely not supposed to be there. Especially if the door was hidden with magic.

I stood in front of the board, looking up at the plans. I stared at the Galactic sentence that was written in white chalk and stood out against the dark green.

Gaining control of Minecraft: 71% complete

In a more messy scrawl underneath read, Keep an eye on Xelqua.

And in that very moment, the safe world of the end and Watchers came crashing down around me. I had thought I could trust them. I thought they were keeping me safe. I should've seen this coming. My mother and father told me they were dangerous, why didn't I resist more? Because I thought they were there to help me. I thought they were there to teach me how to control my magic. I thought they weren't fake.

They lied.

They lied to everyone here, and will continue to do so until they take over Minecraft.

Outrage filled me, rising from my feet all the way to my head. It was so hard to control. When I burst out of the room, I barely noticed my arms sparking with golden flashes.

~¤☆¤~

"EX." I growled, closing the room's door with a slam. Zachariah fliched, jumping up and closing his book with a startled snap. He looked at me from his desk.

"Gri?" He asked, concern flooding his expression.

"It's all a lie. They lied to us." I continued, fuming. I slouched on a chair that was in the room, sliding against the wall with a thud. I winced from the almost-whiplash.

"Excuse me?" Zach asked, contracting his eyebrows.

"They're using us. They are trying to control Minecraft. They're teaching us to control our magic to control us." I snapped again.

"How did you find this out?"

"There was a room. It wasn't there before which leads me to believe it was hidden by magic. Inside was a lot of technology that had lists of every single Watcher in existence. But that's not what I'm talking about. It was literally written on the wall. They are seventy-one percent successful with taking over Minecraft." I explained. Zachariah looked away, putting his hands on his face and resting his elbows on the desk. He exhaled, the information hitting him like a stone brick.

"What else? What about the names you briefly mentioned?" He questioned.

"I saw your name. It's cool, better than grain misspelled." I said, taking my Watcher robes off and laying them over the chair's back. My sweater and grey jeans were much more comfortable.

"We're almost done with this training. Just a few more weeks. We can make it then be free." He said, hopefulness in his voice.

"We won't be free. They will always find us. You know that. There was also a part where it said our 'assigned server'. I think it's what server we will be watching over. They will know where we are. And we probably won't be able to leave." I added, knocking EX's hopes down. He visibly deflated. Zachariah shook his head, running a hand through his longer hair. He tied it back into a tight pony, sighing. For the first time in a while he was showing obvious fear.

"I guess all we can do, Xel, is just wait and see what happens."