XXXVIII.

(You guys and your theories. I tell you, out of all the theories and guesses I have gotten since I started, a few of them were correct. :)
(I felt bad that I wrote such a short and cruddy chapter, so take this 2000+ word chapter)
(Warning: Death, descriptive gore.)

"You wouldn't, you're too much of a coward," Lynnthuic hissed, eyeing the hammer in my hands. I rolled my eyes as EX decided to provoke the other Watcher. After EX and Lynnthuic exchanged a few colorful words of choice, Lynnthuic stopped. He was breathing hard and his fists were tightly clenched. He flicked his wrists so harshly, I believe I heard a crack.

I was thrown towards the Hermits. EX was thrown the other way. Quinn moved forwards, trying to deal with his former student without hurting him.

"Bad, bad, bad, bad," I repeated under my breath, rubbing my shoulder where I slid on the ground.

"For goodness sakes Grian, is this the trouble you get into after I leave?" Mumbo muttered as I sat up.

"Get the others out of here. I'm serious this time," I said, pointing towards the general area of where most of our bases were.

"Grian, we're not leaving," Xisuma insisted. His admin panels were still glowing, but they would do nothing against the Watchers. The only thing they would be useful for was to stabilize the server.

"Then get to safety, move farther back. Please, it's the one thing I'm asking. Lynnthuic... is running on raw emotion, if you try to fight him, he will perma-death you," I said. That was enough to get them moving. Some were more hesitant than others. As long as they are safe, that's all that matters.

Quinn was harshly pushed back. Lynnthuic stepped away, turning towards where EX was thrown. Yavin, who was kneeling, stood up, eyes blazing with fury. Quinn blocked another shot from him with... a perfectly controlled golden shield.

He was using golden magic. Controlled, just as mine is (for the most part).

"How?" Yavin snarled. I glanced over my shoulder. Most Hermits were father away, out of the danger zone. The three girls, Mumbo and Iskall, and a few brave ones remained closer.

"Hm? What are you talking about?" Quinn said, as if he didn't know what his colleague was talking about. His staff appeared in his hands. Yavin summoned his, holding it tightly. His nails dug into the wood.

"How do you have complete control over that type of magic, you dimwit! You could barely control it last time!"

"Things change." Subtly, he held his hand in such a way that indicated for us to stay away. My shoulders sank. This could go horribly wrong or right.

"Why are you working with them?" Quinn stayed silent this time. Yavin's face morphed into one of rage. His face turned red as he brushed his dark hair out of his face.

"Aquinnternal!" Screamed Yavin. I flinched in surprise. Never have I seen Yavin lose it, especially not in a fight. His emotionless mask was gone, shattered like a broken mirror. Gone were his cold eyes and frowning lips. Instead, his eyes were filled with rage and betrayal, and his lips were parted as he breathed hard and ragged breaths. Sweat dripped down the side of his face, mixing with the blood that stained his skin.

"I trusted you!" Yavin yelled as he attacked with a barrage of his purple magic. "I trusted you ever since we met!"

"I'm sorry Yavin, but it had to be done." Quinn replied, ducking to avoid injury. With a shield, he directed some magic back.

"You were my mentor, my teacher!"

"Indeed." Quinn managed to get Yavin to his knees, holding the staff at his chest. They stood less than a meter away from each other.