XVII.

Taking a deep breath, I paused for a moment. I noticed how my wings and halo automatically disappeared upon arrival. I'll have to experiment with that when we get into the server. I also noticed how used I got to the magic in the Facility. There was very little magic here. I'll have to use magic quite often to not pass out from lack of magic.

I shook my head and hesitantly limped towards the two, scared of what Mumbo would say. Both noticed I was injured.

I stopped a couple blocks away from them. I knew both noticed the scar on my face as their eyes were looking slightly above mine. The admin shook his head to himself and reached his hand out, a kind glimmer of light in his eyes.

"Hello, I'm Xisumavoid, but everyone else calls me Xisuma, X, or some weird pronunciation of my name. I'm the admin of Hermitcraft." Xisuma introduced. His voice was soft and sounded caring. The British accent was unmistakable, just like Mumbo's and mine. Maybe he had a filter in his helmet that changed his voice, but I doubt it.

I gave him a warm smile, shaking his hand.

"I'm Grian, but you probably knew that already." I said, a sense of familiarity growing in me as I stated my real name, my real identity. Thank goodness I'm out of that place now.

I turned to Mumbo, the smile falling as I looked into his chocolate eyes. We stared at each other for a while, examining each other.

His eyes held a certain wisdom that I hadn't seen before. Yes, he was smart even before we left, but this wisdom was different from the rest. I just couldn't place my finger on it.

"Hi-" I grunted as he threw his arms around me, a comical sight from a spectators point of view. I was still about a foot shorter than him. He squeezed me in a bone-crushing hug, making my back crack. I patted his back awkwardly, wincing in slight pain.

"Uh- ow, Mumbo-" He pulled back, hands on my shoulders like a worried mother. He examined my face once more, eyes tracing the scar that ran down my forehead, over my nose, and to my jaw.

"You worried me sick! No response in six whole years! Six whole years!" He emphasized the number, raising his voice. "You promised you'd write back, but then this happens? Then when I do see you, you're injured?

"I-"

"You have the nerve to disappear for about half a decade and the first thing you say is 'hi'?" He yelled. I slightly shrunk back. An angry Mumbo is something you don't want to come across, though it's rare.

"Well, what would you have liked, a cheesy letter written in fancy calligraphy about my disappearance and travels?" I sarcastically say, nudging him in the side. Mumbo sighed, anger dissipating. He adjusted the suit he wore, an exhausted habit of his.

"It's better than nothing!" He exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air. I discreetly looked towards Xisuma, noticing how he was watching us with curious eyes. Sighing, I stuffed my hands in the pockets of my red sweater.

"You two seem to have a close friendship." Xisuma commented. Both Mumbo and I simultaneously nodded, a grin on our faces.

"Eight years of being stuck with him before we left." Mumbo added. I blinked, feeling a certain piece of jewelry in my pocket.

"Before you get mad at me... more," I started, knowing he was already mad. I pulled the ring out of my pocket and held it up. "I believe this is yours." Mumbo looked at it with wide eyes, numbly taking it from my fingers. He looked at it, before turning his glance to me, disbelief in his eyes.

"How did you-"

"I'm magical, that's how." I snicker. It's not totally wrong. Mumbo rolled his eyes, slipping the ring onto his finger. It still fit like it should. I held my hand up. Though I wasn't supposed to wear jewelry during training, I still did.

"Alright you two, shall we go?" Xisuma asked, gesturing to the portal. I nodded, glancing over to the portal. It wasn't activated, but I could sense a lot of magic around it. Both Watcher and admin magic. Of course, there were a few other magics, but none were as powerful as the two mentioned above.

But the ironic thing is, no one who isn't a Watcher knows about them. Unless we reveal, no one knows.

The portal pulsed a wave of energy before igniting in blue swirls much like the Nether portal.

"Last year it was green." Mumbo commented. I nodded, fascinated with the idea of different colors.

"After you." Xisuma gestured to the portal. I looked at Mumbo, and we stepped into the server's portal together.

We disappeared with a pop and ended up on a vacant grassy field. I stepped out the portal, and of course, fell face first into the grass, which caused Mumbo to laugh at me.

Only true friends would laugh at something like that before helping that person up.