XXII.

(hi my name is Ariyaquila and im the fastest writer alive-
plz tell me you got the reference.)

I read the chapter many times, making sure I knew what I was doing. It's been a few hours, and at this point, I was laying down, back pressing against the cold concrete of my base. I was holding the book over my face, reading it and soaking the information in. I may have dropped it a few times... on my face.

Everything I had read were things I mostly have been doing. Except meditating, there was nothing else I could do.

Another interesting passage I read was that the halo over our heads were our magic level, and you couldn't change it. It said not many were golden, about one in five-hundred Watchers had a golden halo.

I realized one thing, however. If Xisuma can actually feel my magic radiating from me, he would get suspicious if it was suddenly non-existent. I would have to tone it down just slightly every day.

The book also said that I should get a feel of how powerful my magic is. It said to not hold back and just let it shine. I shrugged. I do that at night anyway.

Except this time, it was brighter than how it ever was. You've got to be joking. When I thought my magic couldn't get any more uncontrollable, it did. It was pure and uncontrolled magic that was radiating from my body. The glow of my energy around me was unbelievable. It was so bright I might just be my own light source. I don't think I need torches anymore.

Squinting my eyes, I patted the area around me, looking for that book. I felt it and picked it up, trying to read the contents. I gradually took control of my magic, toning down the aura. I managed to make it invisible after a few moments. However, I still felt powerful energy radiating around me. I never noticed it before. I guess this is what Xisuma was feeling from me, the pure Watcher magic radiating around me.

Just to exercise them, I spread my wings. Still laying on my back, I moved them around, stretching them. They would get stiff if I kept them in for a long period of time. They didn't hurt since the bone that attached them to my back was flexible, and could get flattened. I let my halo shine, though it wasn't as bright as my aura. I'm pretty sure I look like an angel of some sort because of the colors. Golden halo, and tan/golden wings.

For the next few minutes, I kept reading other random books. I got through an illusion book, started another healing book, reviewed a building one, and completely ignored the redstone ones.

I heard fireworks activate around my base. I quickly tucked my wings in and made the halo disappear. I didn't worry about the books, as there were illusions that kept magicless players away and changed the cover.

"Grian?" A female voice called out, my name reverberating in my huge base. I looked up, seeing none other than FalseSymmetry swooping into my base. She looked around in amazement, as if she hadn't expected me to build something quite like this. She spotted me, landing in the center of my base.

"Hello, False." I said, sitting up. I got to my feet, gently smiling.

"Hey, Grian." She said, pushing a lock of her blonde hair out of her face. She stuck her hands in the pockets of her green jacket. I sat on the chair close to my library, gesturing for her to sit on the other one. False took the invitation, peering at me curiously. She sat on the edge of the chair, as if she were waiting for something bad to happen. I closed the book and set it aside, giving her my undivided attention.

"So, how can I help you?" I asked. She looked into her lap, cracking her knuckles nervously and tightly crossing her legs.

"Nothing much, just a small question." She started. I nodded, crossing my legs. She drew in a nervous and hesitant breath, turning her gaze to me. The skin around her sky blue eyes were tense, as if she were wincing.

"Did you put the mask on yet?"

(let the cliffhangers begin. >:) )
(i think thats it for the next few days, im tired of typing XD. plus, now i actually have to study)