XLIV.

(im sorry you have to deal with my indecisive butt, i keep getting new ideas for covers. i think i like this one this time :)
(also sorry this is a filler, if i wanted to get 50 it had to happen)

The moon shone in the base, casting a cyan colored shadow The portal had a golden outline, the inside similar to the one that brings players to the End. Black as the void, sprinkled with blue and aqua flecks. Small golden and purple sparks flashed inside, along with other barely visible colors. Deep inside the black, however, was a faint outline of a large building.

The Facility.

"Did you tell them where we will be?" I asked as we approached the portal. Doc plucked the trident out of the ground and aimlessly twirled it between his fingers, giving Quinn a suspicious look. The instructor ignored it,

"They'll find it in the chat when they wake," Xisuma assured me, stopping a few blocks in front of the portal. No one stepped into it. There was a tense awkward moment as we stared at each other.

"Ladies first," I said, directing my gaze to EX. He threw a random piece of cobblestone at me, hitting my shoulder. The tension was wiped away as the stone clattered to the floor and rolled away.

"That joke is years old," EX grumbled, giving me a harsh glare. False scoffed, walking into the portal without a word. I shrugged and followed her, the rest trailing us.

As I stepped through the portal, the air thickened, my vision darkening around the edges. The swirls of the End's void took most of my vision. The portal closed behind us with a swoosh noise, but we didn't pay any attention to it.

All of our eyes were directed to the Facility that could be seen through the patch of chorus fruit we were in. This was the first time we (bar Quinn, probably) have seen it from the outside. It was a breathtaking sight for one who hasn't seen it before.

But it was the Watcher Facility. Just thinking about it sent shivers down my spine. Now that the building was towering in front of me...

It was not unlike a normal End city. The palate and blocks were the same, but the size was multiplied by tenfold at least. It stands at about a hundred and fifty blocks tall, give or take just a few. Purple windows with curtains was one of the main differences. The building's shape was the same, except there was a much larger base that was probably a hollow fifty by fifty area (which is where the Courtyard of Bad Things- or so I like to call it- is located). The hallways and stairs branched outwards from the main area. They were more condensed than actual end cities, fitting more rooms and halls. The halls were closed off for breathing reasons, but the stairs weren't, making the entire place disproportionate.

Yet, somehow, it was still magnificent.

I directed my gaze towards the main room, the one I woke up in on that first day. It was directly attached to the base layer of the Facility with sturdy diagonal pillars coming from the bottom layer's corners. It was much smaller, but was large enough to hold many people. From it led more halls and stairs that zig-zagged all over the place.

This place defies all laws of gravity and balance, but then again, we're on a yellow rock floating who knows where.

I nodded my head towards the Facility, sharing a look with the eight other people.

Quiet conversation broke out as the nine of us made our way through the stalks of fruit. Snippets I heard were either about the building itself, the place we were in, or some jokes poking fun of each other.

EX took the helmet off his belt and slipped it over his head, tucking his white hair in. The lights in the eyes turned on as he released it.

We reached the edge of the chorus patch that hid us. The others looked at me, watching me stare at the building with an expressionless face. In my head, the plan was running through my head multiple times. A picture of a destroyed Facility crossed my mind, bringing a smirk to my face. I turned to them, giving out simple reminders.

"Remember, try to get the students out. If they fight... I don't know, do something to get them out, just don't hurt them to the point of unhealable. Please," I added, glancing at the building over my shoulder.

"They're in Year Two, do you really think they know how to go against experienced PvPers? They can barely conjure a strong enough shield to stop anything physical." Quinn said. I shrugged. Each generation is different.

"Get out of the building as quickly as you can, and if you see an adult, run. Don't die and don't fall out a window or over the side of the stairs. Stick with someone who speaks Galactic. Easy stuff, yeah?" They wordlessly nodded. "Good." We split into the small groups that were decided earlier, leaving me standing by myself.

I looked to the Facility, blue eyes glowing with anger bubbling just under the surface. Yes, now would be the perfect to release the pushed down fury at the Watchers.

My hand rested on the hilt of my obsidian sword. The others grasped their weapons and the supplies to stop magic flow (courtesy of Quinn), putting them in an easily accessible place.

"Good luck, y'all," Joe muttered, pressing his back against the stalk of the chorus fruit.

We split up, going different directions.

I stood alone, a smirk on my face as I quickly stalked towards the Facility. I did my best to hide under the random chorus fruit, watching as some Hermits flew above me. Perfect.

Chuckling to myself, I thought, 'Shame on them, they didn't know they taught the cause of their destruction.'

(prepare yourselves for death in the next three chapters)