XX.

When I built a large cobblestone platform, it was becoming increasingly annoying when mobs kept spawning. I was limping around like a fool with an iron sword in my main hand, and torches in my off-hand. I placed as many torches down as could while not getting stabbed, shot, or exploded.

The platform was where I was going to build the main base, but if mobs keep spawning at a rate like this, I'm going to lose it. It's not that hard to place torches all over the place, is it?

After a few more minutes of avoiding mobs and spamming torches all over the place, there was a noticeable difference in the amount of mobs. There were much less of them, giving me time to actually breathe and not get run over by mobs.

Good news, the floating cobblestone slab is almost fully lit up. Bad news, my sword was breaking. It was on the very edge of the end of its life.

It fell apart in my hands as I deflected an arrow from a skeleton. That's not good. I discarded it over the edge of the platform, hearing a small splash in the ocean water. I didn't have a spare weapon. I jumped over another arrow, looking around and seeing if anyone is around. No one was.

With a squeeze of my fist, the skeleton crumpled like a paper ball. Pain shot through my right ankle as a spider bit my leg. I gasped in pain, turning and glaring at the spider. It hissed, baring its teeth. The spider (which is much larger than it should be) jumped at me, teeth ready and legs extended.

As if it were a rehearsed move, the obsidian sword from the Watchers appeared in my hand as I swiped upwards. The spider was sliced in half, cleaner than butter. I plopped down the final torch, fending a zombie with a quick slice of my new sword.

I collapsed on one of the chests I placed down for my resources. I was breathing harder than normal from running around and slicing those mobs.

Once my heartbeat and breathing evened out, I examined the obsidian sword. The smooth black blade was stained with spider and zombie blood. I turned it, looking in my reflection. I almost dropped it in shock.

The person who stared back at me was an unfamiliar player. A long scar ran from the top of their left side of their forehead to the bottom of the right side of his jaw. Asymmetrical scars lined their face, almost making the little amount of freckles they had unnoticeable. Their sandy blond hair was more tamed than it was years earlier. A strand of that sun-kissed hair fell over part of their stunning sapphire blue eyes. Their eyes were the same as how I remembered it years ago, but with one difference.

If you looked closer, unnoticeable and small lightning-like flashes of purple and gold flashed around their iris's. You couldn't see it if you weren't looking for some unnatural quality.

That person in the blade's reflection really can't be me, can it?

I ran a hand through my hair. They did too.

I looked away and shook my head, not knowing how I could change that much. I laid the blade down on the top of a chest as the sun suddenly appeared over the horizon. Snatching a random piece of wool out of one of the chests and wrapped it around the bitten ankle, I sighed. I haven't made any healing potions yet. I would just have to wait for it to heal, like my leg.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Mumbo row up to the cobblestone platform I constructed. He clumsily climbed onto it, looking around. I smiled as I met his eyes.

"Hi Mumbo." I greeted, quickly taking the obsidian sword and tucking it into my inventory. He dipped his head once, raising an eyebrow.

"Are you doing alright? Need any help?" I frowned and shook my head.

"Not that I know of."

"Okay. I actually have two questions." He said. I nodded, turning to one of my chests and opening it with a creak.

"How did you break your leg?"

"I got in a fight a few weeks ago. I didn't have healing potions to speed the process up, but it's almost healed." I said. It was half the truth. One of the classes I attended was healing, but I didn't use magic to heal myself. The others would get suspicious.

Mumbo hummed, seemingly believing my lie. I turned to him, stacks of cobblestone in my arms. I was planning to extend the platform. A grin slowly grew on Mumbo's face, causing me to narrow my eyes suspiciously.

"Did you happen to learn redstone wherever you went?" He asked, playfully crossing his arms. I scoffed, quickly shaking my head. The Facility had a redstone course, I just didn't take it.

"No, why would I?" I asked as if it were obvious.

"It's been six years." He tauntingly sang. I dumbly stared at him.

"Bro, how do you remember that?"

"How do you?" He shot back. I rolled my eyes, approaching the edge of the platform.

"Fair point." I chuckled, nudging him in the side with my elbow. He laughed, watching me expand the platform I was previously working on.

"Well, I'll leave you to it. Don't do anything that'll injure you more," He started, gaze turning to my foot.

"Yes, mother." I sarcastically said. He has always been like that, even when we were teens. Mumbo chuckled, getting back into the boat. He swiftly rowed back to his island.

I watched as Mumbo rowed away in his boat. I sighed and turned away, fingering the hilt of the obsidian sword.

It seems I can't fully avoid anything Watcher related. The mask and sword are always in my inventory. Magic use is a must (but I am getting used to no magic, thankfully). Most of the knowledge I know and remember was learned in the Facility. I took every class except redstone and building, making me well versed in most of Minecraft.

If I can't avoid anything Watcher related by not physically doing anything associated with Watchers, I guess all I can do is use it to my advantage.