XXVI.

(*sigh* i apologize to those of you who dont know how to read roman numerals. i'm starting to regret doing that. maybe one day ill go back and change it, or at least add chapter titles.
... but like, chapter 40 would be XL. extra large-)

The landslide was so quick I had no time to even begin thinking of the type of shield I should put up.

Curse gravity.

I lost sight of False as dust and pebbles filled the air. Natural light flooded this area as part of the rock had broken. The loud rumble of the moving earth filled my ears. I moved out of the way as a large boulder quickly rolled past me, threatening to flatten my body. Extending my wings, I pushed down to get in the air.

Another boulder rolled into my right wing at a quick speed, giving me no time to react. I cried out in agony as I felt the bone break. Unmeasurable pain shot through my wing. I crashed to the ground a little farther from the debris.

I tried to fold the wing in, but when I moved it, I immediately stopped. The pain was no less. I looked around, trying to find a way to get out of this place. I spotted False on the other side of the area, cuts and bruises littering her body. Both of our clothes were tattered and ripped.

I heard a familiar hiss behind me. I turned with wide eyes, coming face to face with a creeper. I scrambled away, tripping over the injured wing with a whimper of pain. The obsidian sword appeared in my hand from the back of my inventory. I threw it blade first at the creeper. It fell back, sword all the way through its irregular body. It stalked towards me, about to explode.

With a terrified yelp and a flick of my wrist, I sent the creeper into a tree. It dissipated, leaving my sword impaled in the tree's bark. It appeared in my hand again, since it was a weapon that was gifted and bonded to me.

My chest heaved as I took a large breath in. I staggered to my feet, stepping away from an incoming boulder. I tilted my head upwards and saw a branch that seemed sturdy. I quickly jumped up, grasping the rough wood with my hands. Pulling myself up with a grunt, I glanced back over to False. Her dark brown wings were spread wide open and she was hovering over the debris that separated her and I. False made eye contact with me, and she silently nodded my way. She strapped the diamond sword onto her back once more and wiped the sweat off her forehead.

False clumsily flew over to me, landing on another branch. Folding her wings in, I realized how large my wings were compared to hers. If extended, False's wing only went half way to the floor. Mine could brush the floor.

The right wings limply hung from my back, dangling over the side of the branch I sat on. I looked down to it, frowning. Would the healing magic work on wings?

The familiar sound of Watcher magic hummed above us. I saw the bottom of the Watcher's robe at the edge of the leaf line. I held a finger to my lips as False started to speak.

Frantically but quietly sifting through my inventory, I looked for the ban hammer I summoned to this world. Grasping the golden item tightly, I looked towards the relative position of the Watcher.

This was a trap. They knew there was a dead end here, and was trying to crush us.

The shaking had fully ceased, leaving us in total silence. I heard the blood rush through my ears, side glancing at False.

We sat there for three minutes, not making the slightest of sound. The sound of Watcher magic gradually went away, fading from existence.

I sighed in relief, feeling all Watcher magic besides the two of us leave.

The only major injuries I had was the broken wing. False had no major injuries. That means that we can travel without getting more injured. I would just have to deal with the wing.

I quietly opened my enderchest, slipping the hammer and my sword into the container. I plan to quickly escape this area, fly to my base, and get my supplies there. If I get captured, they can't get the hammer or the sword. Calming down, I turned to False, planning to explain-

A hand clamped over my mouth from behind, pulling me back off the branch. I screamed in pain as the person stepped on the broken wing.

"Grian!" False cried out, trying to blast the Watcher behind me. They put up a shield, sending the magic back towards her. She ducked out of the way just as it passed her. I tried flipping the Watcher over my shoulder, but they kicked the back of my leg, making me fall to my knees. They grabbed my hands and held them behind my back.

"False- don't tell them unless something happens to me. You should be safe now-" I grunted as the Watcher jerked me back. They put something on my hands. I paled as I couldn't feel the magic flow to them anymore.

"But Grian-" False tried to say. I shook my head, accepting defeat.

"False, please don't say anything. If they know, they'll be in trouble too." I insisted. I was pushed to my side, yelping in pain as my right wing was crushed again. Looking up at False through the purple force-field shield

"No, I have to-" False jumped to the floor, diamond sword at the ready.

"I'll be back, False, I promise."

"Think again, Xelqua" The Watcher snarked. Without waiting for a response, the Watcher traveled straight through servers, not going to the loading screen. It was a quick process, quicker than I can comprehend.

The magic in the Facility was familiar yet too much for me. I was thrown to the ground, unmoving. I tried steadying my breathing, but nothing was working.

I peered into my inventory. My heart skipped many beats.

There was nothing.

No weapons, no armor, no blocks. I couldn't use magic because of whatever was on my wrist. I was done for.

"Welcome back... Xelqua." I froze, hearing Yavin sneer. "It seems like someone was causing some trouble... weren't you?"