XXVIII.

As soon as I heard the word 'Hermits', I jolted upwards, ignoring the aches in my body. My instructor wickedly grinned like a Cheshire cat at my reaction. I glared daggers into him through squinted eyes, sitting against the wall with a grimace. Yavin returned my look with an amused chuckle, infuriating me more.

"You better not touch them, or I'm going to kill you." I hissed through clenched teeth. "And that's a promise I'd make a Code Oath for." The grin fell off the Watcher's face instantly and was replaced with an emotionless stare. He was obviously internally debating if I was serious or not.

I've never been more serious in my life.

Yavin shook his head, though a look of mild uncertainty sat on his face. He crossed his arms and towered over my vulnerable form.

"It doesn't matter. You won't get out of here any time soon. You won't get out of here ever. You have failed to follow instructions. The only way you will be released is if you listen and work with us-"

"I do not want to help you take over Minecraft, Watcher." I interrupted, spitting my species' name out like a curse. Yavin visibly froze, my words catching him off guard. He didn't even try to hide the expression of surprise.

"Where did you hear that?" He quietly asked. I looked to the side, refusing to say anything. Yavin knelt in front of me. He grabbed my jaw with a tight grasp, making me look towards him. The instructor glowered at me, eyes flashing with rage.

"Where did you hear that?" He demanded in a louder volume. I tried prying his fingers off to no success. Yavin's nails dug painfully into my skin, possibly breaking it. Though through the pain I maintained silent eye contact, refusing to speak.

Yavin growled, slapping me across the face. My head snapped to the side. With the back of my hand, I rubbed where his hand made contact.

"If you just cooperate with us, you'd get less hurt." Yavin paused. "It'd be wise to cooperate with us, I don't want to hurt you." He said, as if that would make a difference. I huffed, spotting the obvious lie.

"Fat chance." I grumbled. Yavin doesn't care. If anything, he wants to hurt someone.

"Hm. In that case, I happen to know what you treasure the most besides the other Hermits." He mused with a victorious glint in his eyes. I raised an eyebrow, observing his movements with narrowed eyes. His hand dropped and brushed the feathers of my uninjured wing, which lay limp on the floor. Yavin suddenly grabbed the middle of the main bone, pulling it forward. I was jerked to the left, falling on my side.

"One last chance, Xelqua. Where did you hear we were trying to take over Minecraft?" Yavin said in an uncharacteristic singsong voice, as if he wanted to snap my wing.

He wouldn't dare.

"You're not denying it." I managed to say, trying to pull my wing out of his grasp. He held tight, and with a cruel smirk, snapped the delicate bone in half with one hand.

An anguished howl ripped from my throat, echoing through the corridor. The cries that followed were spine-chilling. I scream out as the searing pain of the broken bone stabbed in my wing. Warm blood gushed out and soaked the tan and golden feathers. It dripped down my wing and then my back, What did he do to my wing besides break it?

I whimpered as something impacted my ribs. No doubt they would be broken, or at least fractured. I opened my eyes which I had apparently clenched shut. Yavin's boot was stained with the blood that started to pool near my wing.

"I'll find out where you got that information. I will make sure it won't be pleasant." Yavin vowed. I, however, wasn't paying attention to him. I didn't hear the door being slammed shut, indicating he had left.

Some time earlier, I had fallen to my left side. A puddle of blood had steadily gathered. I began to cry, the warm tears flowing down my face. The pain in my ribs were throbbing, but it did not compare to the tearing pain in my wing.

I tried wiping the tears away, only for me to smear blood all over my face. My hands were drenched in the red fluid, still tied together. They thumped to the floor as I pathetically closed my eyes, wishing for this to be a dream, wishing this was not real, and that I was still with the Hermits back in Hermitcraft.

I barely noticed myself drifting off into unconsciousness, the pain too much for my body to handle.

~¤☆¤~

Everything hurt. Even though the pain should be only three places, my body felt like it was dipped in lava.

I weakly forced my eyes open. My vision was blurry, but I recognized the form of a Watcher. They were kneeling down in front of me. I flinched back, quietly sniffling in pain as I inched away from them. My eyes traveled down to their hand, which held a white cloth stained with my blood. In the other hand was a healing potion, the bottle half empty.

I turned my gaze back up to where their eyes would be. It was covered by their hood, securely fastened with magic. Since my magic use has been disabled, I wouldn't be able to recognize their distinct magic signature.

I looked towards my back, specifically to my left wing.

Ah. That's why it hurt so much. While I was screaming and not paying attention, he sliced where the wings protruded from my back. It was half cut through, blood still oozing out. I immediately turned my gaze away, nausea clawing at my throat.

I forced it down, not wanting to make more of a mess. I released a shuddery breath, looking back at the healer.

"Who are you?" My voice was rough and dry from screaming. They said nothing and just stared at me. I laid my head back down on the cold endstone in defeat. The healer approached me cautiously, as if I would lash out.

I didn't have enough energy to do so.

They continued their job, gently cleaning the blood off my skin. The healer must have used magic to get rid of the puddle. As they worked, I could only guess that they were supposed to just clean the blood off me. They didn't heal my fractured ankle or broken wings.

Once the healer was done, they gracefully stood up and turned to the door. They paused at the door frame.

"The instructors told me to tell you that they will find out where you heard that information. Instructor Yavin will be back in five days, as he has classes to teach." They said in an unrecognizable and apathetic voice. Turning around, the door closed and locked with a click, leaving me lying on the cell's floor in silence.

(why do i not know how to write emotion
and imma just throw pacing out the window also)