XLI.

(Alright, I think I actually have a set plan for the rest of this. for the sake of my sanity, there should be 50 chapters total. wait what if I just do 49-)

(After this finishes, I will go back and edit this all, so some parts will be different than how it is written now. Not too much change, however, as that'd be kinda mean on my part. I will also edit the dialogue tags and rules, and take out the useless A/Ns. Thank you all for sticking this far with me. <3)

Quinn left to give Mumbo, Iskall, and I some peace and space. We burst out into random chuckles with just looks from the other people

"I need to do these parts alone," I said. I held my hand up to stop Mumbo and Iskall's protests. "Personal issue and situational issue I need to take care of." I stood up, testing my ankle. It was almost healed but dully ached with pressure.

"Fine, but don't explode the server please," Iskall hesitantly said. Exploding a server would not be good at all. I nodded, half limping towards the open entrance. When I got to the edge of the building, I spread my wings and flew towards Xisuma's base, the last place I saw him.

I snuck around, looking for any traces of the admin. My finger traced the small lines between the dark prismarine bricks. After walking the perimeter, I found a hidden hallway. The blocks moved away, pulling back then disappearing in the wall. I cautiously walked through the halls.

Hearing a quiet sniffle coming from one of the farther doors, I approached it and set my hand on the knob. I quietly pushed the door open. It thankfully didn't creak this time. Inside, it was completely dark. There was no light source except in the center of the room.

My eyes went directly to the figure that was slouched over a computer, furiously typing and swiping. The green armor he wore reflected the light of the dim screens that floated around him, but he ignored them. His brown hair sat messily on his head as if he hadn't combed it in many days.

"Xisuma..." I whispered, stepping into the room. He whipped around, looking at me with startled emerald green eyes. They were bloodshot red, as he had probably just stopped crying. The holographic screens that bobbed around Xisuma disappeared without a sound as he turned to fully face me.

I was taken aback for a moment. From what I've heard, Xisuma has never taken off his helmet. No one has ever seen his face.

"What are you doing here?" He demanded in an uncharacteristically agitated tone, leaning away and pulling me out of my thoughts. X closed the computer with a snap, standing up to walk out another door. Hit footing faltered as if he was thinking of what he should do.

"I was worried," I said. His hand hovered over the knob of the door, shaking slightly. I watched silently, waiting for a response. It took a few moments of silence for him to speak again.

"About? You shouldn't be worried about me." Xisuma's hand limply dropped to his side. Leaning against the wall, I tilted my head.

"Yeah, well, you broke down crying after EX left. You're the calmest and most collected person on the server, Xisuma."

"It's nothing." He hung his head on his chest, sinking to the floor.

"It's something. You're not one to break like this," I said. "I'm not leaving until I know you're alright." And with that, we sat there for a few silent minutes. At some point, I walked over and crouched down next to the admin and put an arm around his shoulders. He didn't react.

"I don't understand, Grian, he was just fine with me in the past few years. He would visit us at the most random times... we were usually fine with each other. He said he forgave me, but it doesn't look like he truly did," Xisuma finally sniffed, looking away. This is so unlike Xisuma, I can't treat him the same way I normally do.