XV.

(i did not want to write this because its boring but i had to for something planned later)
(mentions blood)

Yavin's class was probably one of the most boring classes even though we actually do magic.

We listened to him, bored out of our minds. When he finished, he closed his book and held it loosely.

"What you're going to be practicing today is stopping moving projectiles. Yes, I know you did it a few years ago, but it seems like you all lack the ability to do simple magic." Yavin said. "You learned how to levitate objects in Year One. You learned how to freely move objects around in Year Two. The only difference between then and now relearning it, is that it's moving. Watch." He pulled a piece of stone out of his back pocket. Without saying anything, he threw it as hard as he could at the wall. Just before it hit the wall, it came to a halt a few centimeters from impact with a faint purple glow surrounding it. It dropped to the floor with a quiet clunk.

"Now, what you will do is-"

Quinn pushed the doors open, causing everyone to look back. A teacher never interrupted another class. Yavin sneered, turning to face him. He glared at Quinn with his dark blue eyes.

"What, Quinn." Yavin snapped. Quinn smirked, brushing the blond hair out of his face. He tilted his head and leaned against the doorframe.

"You have a magic class right now, and I have no class. I thought it would be a good idea to come, since this is one of the last days."

"What are you going to do, duel a student?" Spat Yavin, setting the book he was using down on his desk. Chuckling, Quinn nodded. The whole class shared a look. A professor dueling a student? It was unheard of.

"And who might be the unlucky victim?" Without saying a word, Quinn's emerald eyes landed on me. My heart dropped. You've got to be joking.

"Ah, Xelqua. Good luck, you're going to need it." Yavin drawled, gaze turning to me, as well as everyone else's.

"Xelqua, I, Instructor Aquinnternal, challenge you to a formal duel." Quinn said. I gulped, hands shaking slightly.

"I... I accept. Weapon of choice." I say, wondering if I'll regret this decision. Zachariah looked at me like I was crazy. I don't blame him.

"Ten minutes to prepare." Yavin said. I got up and sprinted out the door, clutching the books for the class to my chest.

I ran through the empty halls, pushing down the panic that crept into my mind. I'm about to duel an instructor. Someone who has been doing magic for much longer than I have.

I quickly threw on some extra full body armor and slipped my robes over them. It wasn't bulky, as I customized them to fit me. I tied the rope for my robe around my belt tighter than I usually do, knowing I can't adjust it during the duel. I pushed the doors open, walking down the eerily silent halls again.

I arrived at the courtyard, standing in the shadows of a pillar. Everyone was there. Every student and every instructor. Quinn stood in the middle with Yavin and Gabrides, waiting for me to approach. He had different robes on. The sleeves were short, they only went to his shoulders (they usually go to his wrists). The neckline of the robe was a closed v-shape that was held together with a belt at his waist. The lower part below his belt was thinner and less material. It was most likely for better movement. The sweatpants he wore were tucked into the combat boots he wore every day.

I took a deep breath and walked out of the shadows with my head high and face blank, not showing any emotion. As I walked closer, it got quieter. Eventually, the click against the stone of the boots I wore was the only thing that was heard. The silence was deafening as everyone watched my every step.