Chapter11- Lonely Together...

Sidd rushed down to the hall grabs some cocoa and then rushes out to the garden...
*at the fountain*
Sid is looking at Avneet from behind the same tree...
Avneet is staring into the garden in front of her and then looks down at her reflection in the water of the fountain...tears roll down her eyes and fall into the water creating ripples in her reflection....
Sidd doesn't know how to approach her... she looks starved... 'I'll give her the cocoa' he thinks...))
Sid slowly walks over to Avneet and sits down on the fountain rim next to her....
He hands her the warm cocoa and she takes it....
They both don't say anything for s long time until Avneet sniffles a little and takes a sip of her cocoa...
Avneet whispers: Thanks You
Sidd:*dosnt say anything*
Avneet: it's Yusuf....he told my parents...
Sidd whispers: what did he tell?
Avneet: that he no longer wants to be with me...
Sidd: and...
Avneet: they've told me not to go home.......they no longer care for me...
Sidd: what's so special about Yusuf anyway?
Avneet: promise you will never tell anyone...
Sidd: my mouth is shut! I promise...
Avneet: my parents treat me like property...Yusuf at first was amazingly nice to me....he was cute and charming and he would treat me well...and then we started dating.... once we had a small argument in the family about Yusuf and my relationship and then my parents asked him to pay them to keep dating me!
(Takes a sip of her cocoa)
Then he told me that he loved me too much to leave me....I was naive and thought that he truly loved me....but he didn't!
I got to know a few days ago that he actually paid my family to keep dating me! He paid them so that he could do whatever he wanted to me and my family would not say anything about it!
He abused me for many days and I never understood! At first I thought it was normal...but then I started to get hurt more frequently! He would beat me whenever he wanted and would hit me just for fun...I was not allowed to tell anyone about anything!
So this went on for many months....
My cousin is a few years older then me...she hates me!
She's more developed and she's into these kind of things....Yusuf just used me to get to her....because she would never even notice someone so much younger than her....
But it worked... he is now dating her and they seem happy together....he dumped me a few days ago... now he no longer pays my family for me! My parents hate me for it! My mom and dad had started drinking and going to bars when Yusuf started to pay them but now he has to forcefully stop himself because he can no longer afford it!
They hate me for making him leave me even though I didn't do anything... they've disowned me...
I have no home and no family.... the only place I have to go is collage...I got in by scholarship and after that I don't know what I'll do...
Sidd: (takes in a deep breath and stays silent listening to the sounds of nature around him) (he puts a hand around Avneet and tries to comfort her, Avneet sobs into his shoulder until her clothes are wet, but he didn't budge...then he strokes her on the head like he would do to a little lost kitten...)
Avneet: (takes another sip of her cocoa and tries to calm down....)
*the surroundings are very dark as it must be very late in the night...lights don't come from the school either as everyone must be asleep...
they sit still under the moonlight and both look up at the stars...*
*both Sidd and Avneet lay down on the ground in the soft grass and stare at the starry sky...his arms still around her....)
Sidd: (whispering) it's beautiful isn't it...the moon?
Avu: yes...it is...
(Avu looks at him but he is already sleeping) *Avneet keeps staring at him*
Avu (whispers to him though he's asleep) : thank you!
**and they both fall asleep***