XIV

"I want him out of my room. Now!" Jungkook ordered, his eyes turning a dangerous white, "Before I do something I'll regret,"

"Hah," Yugyeom chuckled darkly, "As if I'd want to stay here, I'd rather kill you than help," 

Yeri stood between the two glaring boys and shook her head angrily, "This isn't only about you two. You're both my brothers, try and get along or I swear I'll be the one to kill you two."

The boys scowled and cursed under their breaths, "Fine," Yugyeom mumbled, "But I'm not doing this for that bastard, I'm doing it for Lisa," 

"Great," Bambam sighed, "We need to get his mind checked, maybe his brain is protecting him by storing away the memories,"

Jungkook groaned in defeat and sat himself higher so the process could begin. Carefully, Yugyeom brought his fingers to Jungkook forehead, and the sparks the flew at the touch did not go unnoticed by the bystanders. Yugyeom closed his eyes tight and searched Jungkook's mind for entrance.

After a moment of turmoil, the gates to Jungkook's mind opened and a flash of memories and thoughts attacked Yugyeom's mind. 

~~Cue Flashbacks~~

"Jungkook!" The voice of a young boy called. When young Kook turned around, the face of  young Yugyeom came into view. 

"Look what I found!" He exclaimed excitedly, furiously pointing at the ground.

"What'd you find, Gyom?" Little Kook called, mispronouncing the other's name in the process.

"a rOcK!"

"cOoOoooOOoL!" 

The boys laughed together as they stabbed the useless rock.

It seemed like a lame memory, but it was a memory of their once pure friendship. Like the first, many others followed.

The fist time they met in preschool.

Their first day in kindergarten.

The time they stood up for Yeri in third grade.

The time they met Lisa...

And the duel that ended their friendship.

He saw the moments Jungkook spent with his BTS hyungs.

The moments he spent with yeri.

Emotions and thoughts filled Yugyeom, making him wish he and Jungkook were still friends.

You're getting distracted. A voice erupted his lost thoughts.

"Who are you?"

Jungkook's spirit, I need you to help him. He is hiding something very important.

Yugyeom looked around but couldn't see the spirit, shaking off his doubts, he spoke again, "Okay."

~~

He dove and navigated around the large "isles" of memories. This wasn't what it actually looked like in Jungkok's brain, but this as how his powers categorized events.

"Where?" He asked Jungkook's subconscious. 

"Where are the memories I need, where are the thingss he's seen?

Lead me to the path he followed,

Lead me to the choices he took," He whispered the incantation as a light started to form.

Yugyeom looked forward and and took a breath. He was going to truly enter the mind of his old friend, and he was scared of what he was going to find.

"Let's go,"

-----

The path follwoed many twists and turns, but the light kept Yugyeom always heading straight. Once he reached the destination he gasped in shock.

The memory screen was blank. It wasn't black, so it wasn't a forgotten memory, the screen was locked. 

Something was stopping Jungkook from remembering, and it was stopping others form searching and finding out.

-----

A/N:

I am so sorry I didn't upload earleir like I said. On Sunday I fell ill and on Tuesdaay we went to the doctor and it turned out that I had pneumonia. I will try and update sooner but I am still very sick. I may not be able to update as often as I was hoping too, but hopefully I'll be able to fit in three more chapters in the coming two weeks. Please be patient with me.