XXII

The sounds of doors creaking open startleld the shocked boys.

"Shit. Shit, shit, shit! We gotta go!" Yugyeom exclaimed, grabbing Bambams arm and pulling him to the other side. Far, far away from the opening door.

"We're going to have to use another spell if we want to get out of here!" Bambam whisper-shouted.

"I know, I'm looking!"

Yugyeom carefully placed the book against a wall and frantically flipepd through the pages.

Footsteps echoed through the hall as BamBam tried his best to keep an eye out for whoever had entered.

"We know you're in here," The voice spoke, sending shivers down the two boys spines.

"The Headmaster?" BamBam whispered, scared and shocked. "God, I don't know how many more crazy things we're going to find out before I faint," His voice cracekd at the last bit.

"Yeah, yeah. Faint when we get outta here! I found a spell!" Yugyeom waved BamBam over, "I'll do it, you did the last one, and we're not devils. I don't know if using thse spells is gonna tamper with us or not,"

Yugyeom quickly recited the essense covering speel before getting started on forming a portal. He had found a teleportation spell, just to their luck.

"We won't hurt you, we just want to know why you broke into the Forbidden section," This time a second voice spoke, it was overly-sweet with a threatening tone to it.

"Hurry up!" BamBam panicked as the portal started to stablize.

Finally, an image flickered in the portal, their dorm room took form. The boys exchanged worried glances before quickly jumping in.

-----

"Wait, so the device could split the demi-god from their spirit?" Jimin asked, jaw dropepd in shock.

Jimin and Chaeyoung had just returned from their date. Yugyeom and BamBam were trying to re-tell everything they experienced as the other members sat quietly and processed what the boys were saying.

"Yeah. It was creepy, we weren't even standing too close to it and it felt like our powers were being sucked away," Yugyeom explained, "We were lucky to grab the book. It's full of so many useful spells, it helped us get away."

Chaeyoung grabbed her head and stared at the floor, "This is all so crazy, I wasn't expecting any of this,"

"So, you're saying both of you used spells form this book?" Namjoon asked, his calculative glance reading the boys' shaken expressions.

"That's right, I used the essence covering speel, while Yugyeom used the same one and a portal one," BamBam answered, looking Namjoon nervously.

All of the people in the room watched Namjoon as the gears worked in his mind.

"These are devil spells, and you two are neither devils, nor angels. If you were devils, their emblem would've still been blazing on your collarbones. If you were angels-" He looked up frm the book and met the eyes of every member of the room, "-you'd be dead."

"Okay, great. You've successfully frightened us, hyung," Taehyung scowled.

"Wonderful," Namjoon responded, "As you should be, if we are going to trust each other, we're going to have to each take turns testing out a spell. A simple one will suffice. This way, we'll know if anyone in this room is a devil, only then will we proceed."

 Jisoo and Jennie exchanged confused looks at his statement. the girls had been lead to belive the boys were working for the school, which was supposedly run by the devil gang. In order to protect all demi-gods, their mission was to take the boys one by one, thne move on to the heads of the school.

Of course, at this point Chaeyoung knew this was false.

Furthermore, the only reason Namjoon has suggested this was to see if the girls were part of the devils. They too, had been given the same mission as the gils with their roles swapped.

Now it was a matter or trust, not information.

(At this point I, the narrator, would also like to point out that the maknaes of Bangtan and Blackpink were not in attendence of the meeting yet. However, this slice of information will only be important later on.)

The member, one by one, recited the essence hiding spell in order to prove that they belonged to neither gang.

Now the secrets were out, and the suspicions were erased. No, neither group was part of the Devils.

"Sorry I'm late!" Jungkook and Lisa exclaimed in unison as they ran into the meeting room together. 

Seokjin raised a brow, "We were just about to wrap-up, why are you both late?"

The duo blushed and nervously stood side-by-side. 

"Oh, you know, hyung," Jungkook mumbled, "We just ran into a couple people on our way here and lost track of time,"

"Your faces say otherwise," Yoongi deadpanned turning from them and grabbing the spellbook to read through.

"Whatever, it's fine," Jennie spoke, staring intently towards Lisa, then glancing at Namjoon, "We can wrap up the meeting now and just explain everything we discussed with the maknaes at our dorms,"

"That works," Namjoon answered her statement/question, "We should get going, it'll be lights out soon,

"We're going to get to the bottom of this. Rouge spirits, the devils, these are big things we're dealing with. We need to form the bond of a team, and only then will we be able to succeed in finding the truth,"

"What should we tell our members," BamBam asked, "The truth, or should we find a cover up?"

"Do you trust your hyungs?" Seokjin questioned.

"With our lives," 

"Then tell them the truth, I may not be as brilliant as Namjoon, but we're going to need help,"

"He's right" Jisoo spoke, looking away when Jin turned to her, "We're going to need help. We may be a large group, but the devils are larger, and stronger. If you guys were right with idenifying the voice,

 "Then we may no longer be safe in this building."