XXVI

Yugyeom was tired.

Exams, at least for him, were finally over. 

The next week would be the official start of their break. He wasn't too excietd about that.

Sure, he would love to spend time with his GOT7 members, but they had a bunch of problems to solve too.

The eldest members of the four "teams", were left in charge of learning various Devil spells. This meant Mark, Jinyoung, Jackson, and Jaebum would be busy for most of thei rvacation learning magic. Their focus would be on defense and manipulation related magic.

The youngest members were left in charge of the offense and essential travel spells. That included portals, but it also included things like healing and culinary magic too. In case, they had to seek refuge away from school.

And then there was the mandatory memorization of the essense covering spell. oneof the most valuable ones.

Furthermore, they had established schedules to practice their aura manipulation magic in the duel arenas. 

The aura manipulation abilities each demi-god was born were a demi-god warriors strongest advantage. If one was able to control their auras with a stable mind and minimal effort, it would be very difficult to defeat them in battle.

Of course, Yugyeom had his own mission too.

This wasn't only about saving the school after all, no matter how much his spirit tried to talk him out of it.

-----

"Yo, Yugyeom!" Jackson called out, kicking a ball towards him.

Yugyeom wuickly stopped the soccer ball with his foot, then pushed it over towards Jinyoung. 

School had ended for the day and most of the schools students had spilled out of the main building. 

A few had stayd after for clubs of detention, but most had either remianed in the courtyards or had left to go downtown.

"When're we scheduled for the arena again?" Yugyeom asked, receiving the ball from Jaebum.

"Tomorrow at 3:30," Their leader responded.

The boys were standing around in an awkward circle, passing the ball to each other to pass time.

The soccer fields was occupied by Twice and NCT, so the GOT7 guys had decided to play out in the center courtyard.

"Hey guys!" A cheery voice called out, "Mind if we sit here?"

The septet turned around and smield brightly towards the Red velvet girls, "Sure!" Mark responded, kicking the ball over to BamBam.

The five girls took a seat by the benches near the boys and placed their bags on the tables.

Seulgi turned form the table and looked up to the boys, "We brought a picnic, wanna join?"

Mark looked around at his members before turning to her, "Sure, why not?"

They pushed together two becnhes and sat around together.

"We don't have enough food though," Yeri mumbled, she perked up when a thought sparked in her mind, "I have an idea, how about we try out some of our spells?"

"Let's give it a go," BamBam nodded, rubbing his hand together.

The three maknaes chanted a few words under their breathe and seven plates of sanwiches and pasta dishes came in front of them.

"Did you guys get to drinks yet?" Jackson asked, already starting to dig in to his meal.

The trio smiled sheepishly and shook their heads.

"That's fine," Irene said, "You're learning, as are we all, it's good progress,"

The eleven of them laughed as they chatted about everday things.

It was nice to remember how simple life was before he got further involved withthe BTS boys and BP girls.

"So," Sooyoung drawled, "How do you guys feel about this whole Devil's thing?"

"Honestly?" Jinyoung spoke, "If BTS and BP are saying the complete truth, I want to help," he gestured towards BamBam and Yugyeom, "These two have already witnessed what lies benetah this school, we've also gone throguh and discovered an email. There's proof, heck, even the Devil spells book is a big piece of evidence. I'd be shocked if the whole turned out to be a misunderstanding,"

Wendy nodded her head, "That's what I thought. The Blackpink girls, their many different things..." She pursed her lips before she continued, "They have a bunch of faces. They can be lying angels, or truthful devils. Except... this time around? I think they're truthful angels. I still haven't quite grasped the situtation, it's so mindblowing. But I'm willing to help, I feel like it's the right thing,"

"There's something suspicious though," Youngjae spoke for the first time during their meal.

"What?" Seulgi asked, clearly confused, "Suspicious?" 

"How come, when we went through the emails, there was only one? It also just happened to be the one that so clearly stated the school was under control of the Devils?"

Jackson's eyes widened in realization, "You're right! There has to be something we're missing,"

"Should we tell Namjoon?" BamBam asked, eyeing the members of the table.

"No, not yet," Yugyeom spoke, receiving confused looks, "Youngjae has a point, however, let's avoid digging into it uselessly. If we bring too much attention to it, then we may loose time in what's more necessary,"

Yeri nodded, "He's right. We can meet up and look into the email later today, if everyone's available?"

Hums of agreement arose from the ten others.

"Perfect," she smiled, "We have some sleuthing to do,"

-----

What do I do? Yugyeom asked his spirit  when he had found privacy later on.

Be patient. I know I can't stop you.

Patient? It's been forever!

True, but let your powers simmer. Don't coerce you essence into submission. Let it be free, free mag-

yeah, yeah. Free magic is strong magic. But how much longer do I have to wait?

Wait until the right time comes. Then you can tell them.

They'll hate me.

It is inevitable.