XXVIII

BamBam sat on one end of the large rectangular table.

His members, along with Red Velvet, were currently trying to dissect the email clue.

He kept his eyes trained on the words, reading and re-reading every single word.

To: Choi Seunghyun, Current Headmaster of Crystal Academia, Head of Boys, Resident Devil Corporate Boss

Cc: Im Yoona, Head Nurse of Crystal Academia, Head of Girls, Heiress of Devil Gang

Those few lines themselves contained remarkable information. The school's headmaster was the current leader of the Devils, and the school nurse was the heiress of the gang? Nevermind that, turns out the Devils weren't just a simple gang, they were a full-fledged organization!

They were up against more than they thought.

BamBam's eyes went from the start of the email down to the body:

The mission was a success. All Agents survived and were successful in annihilating the Angels Base. Two spies, Agent Im and Agent Kim, have remained and are working undercover. We understand for you concerns relating to your sister, Madame Im, but she is a master at her art. You needn't worry. 

Now, considering the mission you have just set into action. The field is set. Agent K has been able to break through the guarded walls of the members and has become a member of the family. He has now been sent out and is in contact with those on the mission targeting our school. Agent K understands the ramifications of being found out and has taken every precaution to hide any relation to us. 

He has informed us of his team's plans. We are not quite yet sure if he has befriended all of the pawns yet. We cannot forget his history with them.

I, or he, will contact you two when we learn more of the situation.

Sincerely,

Moon Yeonwoo, Head Cabinet Member, Primary Advisor, Founder of Devil Gang

"I'm getting nothing," Sooyoung sighed, leaning back into her chair and raising her hands in mock surrender.

"Okay, anyone else?" Jackson asked, looking up from the screen.

A series of murmurs along the lines of, "nothing", followed in response.

"Alright," Jaebum stood from the table and started to pace, "Let's review what we know,"

"Well, clearly, Madam Im and Headmaster Choi are the leaders of the Devils," Seulgi pointed out.

"And we know their specific positions in the corporation as well," Jinyoung added.

"We also know that there was some mission success followed by secret spies who are currently active. One of the spies happen to be Madam Im's sister," Yugyeom spoke, turning back to screen with a scrutinizing glare.

"The mission was against the Angels, so we know the feud is still going. The way this 'Moon' dude phrased it, looks like the Devil's have the upper hand," Mark said, still deep in thought.

BamBam looked at the screen, then the members of the room, "The Devil's have alway shad the upper hand, though. the questions is, what was the mission?"

Yeri waved her hand absent-mindedly, "Nevermind that mission,  the second body paragraph is more important,"

"What can we possibly take away frm the second section?" Youngjae asked, looking a Yeri with a questioning stare.

"Listen, you know how BTS and BP came here from their agencies? What is the mission with 'Agent K' is actually one of their missions?"

Irene and Jaebum's eyes widened and they looked at each other.

"There's a spy," Jaebum breathed, running his hand through his hair, "Oh my god, there's a spy sharing our info!"

"But who is agent K? Everyone took the test, no one is a Devil!" Irene exclaimed in shock, "Id there another agency?"

"Nope," Seulgi answered, "There aren't any other agencies who are a part of demi ordeals that also work with Devil and Agency cases. One of those 11 have to be a spy,"

"But does it have to be from their group?" BamBam asked quietly.

Everyone turned to him with confused expression, "What do you mean?" Jaebum asked.

"The email only mentions being in contact with those who are a part of the mission. Technically, this also includes us. We're all in contact with the two groups, we're also in on the mission now. We can't know what they're talking about exactly, we don't know who this Agent K is, but I don't think it's as simple as we think,"

"You're right,"

BamBam stared at Jackson, surprised someone agreeed with him, "At this point, trust is the most important thing. If we trust each other, we can get through this... this 'case' quicker and easier,"

He watched his members closely as Jackson spoke about trust. He noticed Yugyeom and yeri share a look for less than a second than look away, almost in... shame?

What are they thinking about? I asked myself.

"So what now?" Seungwan asked, speaking for the first time during the meeting, "It's clear no one's a Devil. Everyone took the test, so who can we, and who can we not trust?"

Jaebum stopped and met everyone's eyes, "I don't know."

-----

oOOoO I wonder who Agent K is?

A few more chapters, and more potential suspects will be revealed...

Then we may or may not get a look into K's POV on everything.

- Z