XVI

The demi-gods had left as the sun started to set. 

They hadn't left without a plan though. Namjoon, Taehyung, and Jennie were set to visit the site where they had found Lisa and Jungkook. They were hoping they'd find some clues there. If not, they would call Yugyeom in to check Lisa's memories. If that fails, then they'd have to hit the books.

Jungkook stared up at the ceiling as he lay still. The room was dark and he had yet to fall asleep. All of the events that followed one after another were making Jungkook's mind go crazy. He was worried for Lisa, worried for his spirit, and for his friends. It was clear the rouge spirit was hiding something, but what?

What did his father do? How could the gods have enraged a spirit? To become a spirit is a great honor. It means the gods have belived you as powerful and capable of carrying your "magic" to future generations of demi-gods. The spirits powers fuse with your, and it creates a type of energy that is individual to every demi-god. The most powerful demi-gods have the strongest energy, or essence. Essence can also be used to track a demi-god, and if one has a deep understanding of the essence's components, it can be used to manipulate the powers given by the essence.

Jungkook abruptly sat up as a thought came to him. What if the gods never granted the spirit a vessel? Spirits rarely go by their real name, for example, "Gale" wasn't the real name of Jungkook's spirit. Jungkook would ever know Gale's real name when he unlocks his power's true capacity.

It was truly a mystery. 

Ruffling his hair out of frustration, Jungkook swung his legs over to the side of the cot. To help clear his head, he was going to take a walk.

He slowly and quietly stepped over to the door but something stopped him.

"Stay," A quiet voice begged. He turned around to see Lisa's eyes filled with tears as she weakly held onto his wrist.

"What's wrong, doll?" He softly asked the trembling girl.

"I had a nightmare,"  She whimpered and slightly pulled the boy closer.

"Hey, hey," He quietly shushed the crying girl, "I'm here, alright? Tell me about your nightmare,"

And so she did.

-----

The remaining six boys were seated around their dining table, each ones mind filed with various thoughts. Each of them had a bowl of warm ramen sitting in front of them, but no one had taken a bite of their dinner yet.

Hoseok was the first to break the silence, "What are we going to do?"

"I'm going to be honest with all of you, I don't know," Namjoon answered, seating back into his seat.

"We may have to wait until Jungkook is released from the infirmary," Seokjin spoke up. He was the eldest, and although Namjoon was the leader, he believed it was his duty to know what to do in this kinds of situations. "But we have another option," He continued, "If Jungkook can get closer to Lisa during this time, we'll get closer to taking the Angels down. During this time, we're all vulnerable. I know the we and the girls are on the same team right now, but this can't last forever. Especially you Jimin," The mentioned raised his head higher and met Seokjin's eyes, "I've noticed how close you've grown to Chaeyoung. Just rememer why you two are together. Not for love, for information,"

"Says you, hyung," He scoffed, challenging his 'brother' with an intense stare, "We all saw how you and Jisoo were acting. It's clear you're pinning for her." 

Jin was about to respond before Yoongi interrupted, "Stop this, you guys know better. Especially you, hyung," Yoongi eyed the two dangerously, "We can't start fighting at this time. More than ever, this mission matters most. We can't go on fucking up. And Jimin?" Yoongi looked at the younger boy, "Jin's right, you've grown a soft spot for the girl. Why else would you defend your relationship? I don't care if you break her heart, but just remember to gaurd yours,"

"I also just wanted you guys to know, I'm going to ask Jennie out tomorrow," 

All heads turned towards Taehyung as he stuffed a bite of ramen into his mouth.

Oh right, they were supposed to be having dinner right now.

----

A/N:

Yes, the boys only eat rAMEN. hEe hEe.

Anyways, enjoy the update!