XVII

"Breathe," Jungkook spoke softly. 

It had been two weeks since the incident had taken place, and while Jungkook had recovered, Lisa was far from it. Every night, the same nightmare would appear from her dreams. images of the rouge spirit would cloud her mind and haunt her.

Strong, yet gentle, hand rubbed circles on her back as she took deep breaths. She was feeling hot, yet she was shivering.

"I think you've caught a cold," he whispered patiently, holding the girl close with his free hand.

"I doubt that's possible, I've been in a bed, covered in blankets, for two weeks now," Her attempt to protest failed as she finished in a fit of coughs.

"See? I'll call down the nurse to get you a bowl of soup," He started the get up before she quickly reached for him.

"No. No, no no. I'm fine, I have a winter aura I can expel whatever is in my system,"

"Lisa, no," He sighed, "We've told you a million times, you can't use your powers,"

"I know, but despite your efforts I've been able to successfully use my powers without and setbacks. I'm perfectly fine! Why can't you people see that?" 

"Lisa. I know your powers work, but it's dangerous. If the spirit can sense you, she can come to you again. The mroe magic you use, the stronger you essence is. Didn't you learn that?"

"Yes," She exclaimed, exasperated, "But-"

"No 'buts', it's final. Stay in bed, I'll get you some medicine and soup."

Lisa groaned as she fell backwards, her head landing on the fluffed pillow.

"I hate him so much," She murmered to herself. She swing her legs over before getting up once again, "Who does he think he is? Bossing me around like that, I am an independant woman!"

She strutted around her room and stopped infront of her mirror. She titled her head softly and winced, "Its still hurts," She whsipered, "All these years and it still hurts,"

She moved on to her window and looked out onto the school's courtyard. various demi-gods were walking around, eating together, or studying. A few were playing a game of catch to the side as well. Lisa softly shook her head before taking a seat.

She picked up her phone from the window sill and plugged it out of the charger, 247 missed texts.

She took a deep breath before scrolling through the app.

Two knocks lightly interrupted her moment of bliss, "Come in, I know it's you, Kook,"

"How'd you know?" He chuckled, "I have your soup and pills,"

"Thanks," She got up and moved towards her bed.

"I don't want to repeat it again, Lisa, you need to rest. Stop walking around so much,"

"Oh shut up, I'm a dancer," She gestured towards her body, "If I don't get even the slightest of excercise in, I can say goodbye to my dance scholarship. This school isn't as cheap as you may think and not all of us can afoord it, rich boy,"

"Sorry," He shook his head with a soft smile before continuing, "Hey, Lisa, I gotta get going. your unnies will be here in an hour. Stay safe, alright?" He held her shoulders and gave them a light squeeze before stepping out the room.

"I'll try," She whispered after he left.

-----

"I've read every book posisble, Bam. I don't know how we're going to save her," Yugyeom heaved a sigh as he scoured the shelves of the school library.

"Gyeom, I'm sure there is some information the school is hiding. When we confronted the Heads of the school, did you see how they reacted? There is something we're missing," BamBam shuffled through the aisles as he reached and flipped through each book.

"Wait, wait, wait. Why are we doing this?" Yugyeom ran his hands through his hair as he leaned against a shelf, "We aren't even Greek. We have no correlation to them whatsoever,"

"You're forgetting about me," BamBam chided, staring at Yugyeom's lethargic pose, "And besides, we used to be their friends. I mean, we still are friends with Lisa. The only problem that ever happened was between you and Jungkook," 

Yugyeom rolled his eyes, "That happened forever ago. It wans't my fault you three chose me over him, he was a bastard anyways,"

BamBam shook his head solemnly, "Seeing how you turned out due to our decision, sometimes I wonder if our choice was a mistake,"

"What do you mean by that?"

"You've changed. You're no longer the fun-loving boy we knew. You're egotistic, cruel, and unforgiving,"

"Oh real-"

"I'm not saying I hate you, I'm just saying you've changed. Just because you don't treat everyone rudely, doesn't mean you don't at all,"

After BamBam's remark, silence replaced their once lively chatter. Almost an hour passed until BamBam had an idea, "I know somehwere we haven't looked,"

Yugyeom looked up from the book he was reading, "Where?"

"The restricted section," he responded, his focus on a book infront of him.

"Have you gone mad? Even the devils haven't been able to get in there!"

"We aren't devils, we're better,"

"Bam, we are demi-gods who use our auras. We can't tamper with the spell books!"

"We aren't tampering, we're utilising. What is the point in magical spells when you don't use them?"

Yugyeom closed walked up to what BamBam was looking at, "How do you suppose we get in there?"

"I don't know, Gyeom, but we're going to need backup."

-----

A/N:

Sorry, this chapter was such a filler. I felt as though I should get the character developement cleared up before the story really kicks off. Maybe 4-5 chapters of stuff like this, and then the action will take place. The characters, specifically Jungkook, Lisa, Yeri, BamBam, and Yugyeom, have a really intense background. I have yet to explain how the devils and angels work as well. I'm trying to get organized, and my updates won't be as frequent as it was earlier. I'm going to try and get in two updates a week.