I must protect her

"Where were you two?" Namjoon asked as soon as we sneaked back to our dorm. It was early in the morning, but he was already up with a cup of hot beverage in one hand and his phone in the other. 

"Well, hyung...you see, we...," Jimin tried to bail us out but he was failing miserably. 

"We went to Thailand," I answered honestly. 

"What the...," Namjoon continued his surprise in English.

"Please, keep it between us, no one saw us and let's just act like it never happened," Jimin suggested while Namjoon looked at us with eyes of a horror. 

"You are insane, both of you," he whispered quietly before leaving to his room.

"He seems angry," Jimin stated something that was quite obvious, wasn't it? 

I knew that he was worried, not just as a leader of the group but also as our friend. I also knew that our "escape" could cause a whole lot of troubles if someone was to found out what we did, but there was a reason why I did it. I actually deceived Jimin to come with me with an excuse that we should so something wild and see our girls, but in the reality my purpose was hidden somewhere else. That is in the worriment that something might happen to Lisa. 

Namely, I got a letter a few days ago. Not only was the content of it very unpleasant, but also the way it ended up in my room. 

Dear Jungkook,

I'm your biggest fan. I watch your every move and always make sure that you are healthy and well, but lately I've been noticing that you are hanging up with Lisa from Blackpink a lot?
I mean, that's not really a question as I have seen you a couple of times while following you around. Are you cheating on me Oppa? 
You said you love your fans. You said you love me! And now you are dating that dirty bi*ch. End it as soon as possible if you don't want her getting hurt.

Yours dearly,

Biggest fan 

The letter was not from fan, it was from sasaeng and this was the situation I feared the most. That they will find out about her and try to make her suffer. 
So, as disoriented and worried it made me feel, I lied to Jimin, challenging him to join me at my trip to Thailand, just to make sure that she was okay. 

You might ask why didn't I simply text her? I could, but in that moment, all I wanted was to hold her tight and make sure that she was really fine. Maybe not one of my smartest moves, but it turned out like that. 

Days went by quickly and before I realized it was already New Year. 

"Aren't you going to any party? Are you celebrating with your parents?" Jin asked me in the morning. 

"Actually, I will celebrate with Lisa," I said and smirked to myself as I remembered the surprise, I have prepared for her.